+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2020 Application. Severe delays.

LBT15

Jan 17, 2022
Hi

I applied using an immigration consultant in June 2020 for childcare route.
•Single applicant inside Canada.
•36 months experience.
•Currently on Maintained ‘implied’ status.
•Received PAOR
•IRCC requested updated job offer and NOA in August 2021

Since then I’ve heard nothing.
I am continuing to work within Canada, contributing to the economy, paying taxes. However my healthcare has expired and they will not extend. Surely the government has a duty of care to provide healthcare especially during a pandemic?!
Unless IRCC make moves soon I’m sure I’ll also be faced with the issue of being unable to renew my drivers license which is an imperative part of my work being able to drive the children to school, activities and appointments.

Has anyone had any luck contacting immigration in regards to processing time etc?

my immigration consultant has suggested potentially applying for an open work permit but that’s an additional $800 on what has already been spent and again who knows how long it takes to process.

I've seen a few tweets from the new immigration minister regarding Human rights and how Canada is accommodating people in need. While I fully support that I do think it’s past the point of not being selfish in these circumstances and prioritizing our human rights as caregivers. We have waited for years yet they are continuing to accept new applications. What’s the point when they can’t deal with the capacity of applications they currently have backlogged. It’s a joke!

Reactions: Ysa_01 and roye

HCCP2020

Dec 22, 2021
Same here!! Still waiting for an update the only difference is that i did not receive permanent AOR until now, Just recieved 3 TAOR. We tried to contact IRCC through web form and recieved an email coming from them, did'nt get any answer from what we were inquiring about update on my application. My application was recieved by them June 2020 as well.

Agya

Dec 31, 2021
Hi

I applied using an immigration consultant in June 2020 for childcare route.
•Single applicant inside Canada.
•36 months experience.
•Currently on Maintained ‘implied’ status.
•Received PAOR
•IRCC requested updated job offer and NOA in August 2021

Since then I’ve heard nothing.
I am continuing to work within Canada, contributing to the economy, paying taxes. However my healthcare has expired and they will not extend. Surely the government has a duty of care to provide healthcare especially during a pandemic?!
Unless IRCC make moves soon I’m sure I’ll also be faced with the issue of being unable to renew my drivers license which is an imperative part of my work being able to drive the children to school, activities and appointments.

Has anyone had any luck contacting immigration in regards to processing time etc?

my immigration consultant has suggested potentially applying for an open work permit but that’s an additional $800 on what has already been spent and again who knows how long it takes to process.

I've seen a few tweets from the new immigration minister regarding Human rights and how Canada is accommodating people in need. While I fully support that I do think it’s past the point of not being selfish in these circumstances and prioritizing our human rights as caregivers. We have waited for years yet they are continuing to accept new applications. What’s the point when they can’t deal with the capacity of applications they currently have backlogged. It’s a joke!
Good one. I am in the same boat