+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review (hearing) - Query

Danii120

Nov 10, 2019
Hi all,

We had filed our JR in March 2022, I have been tracking the status online and asked my lawyer for an update; they said the Federal Court have announced A ‘Hearing’ for your JR case next month March 2023. He even said ‘most cases the judicial review application does not proceed to a hearing and we only submit the application record and receive a judgment’

Question, anyone here went through JR Hearing? How was it? How long was the hearing? What was the outcome?

Reactions: Ebonybaba247

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi all,

We had filed our JR in March 2022, I have been tracking the status online and asked my lawyer for an update; they said the Federal Court have announced A ‘Hearing’ for your JR case next month March 2023. He even said ‘most cases the judicial review application does not proceed to a hearing and we only submit the application record and receive a judgment’

Question, anyone here went through JR Hearing? How was it? How long was the hearing? What was the outcome?
For my own knowledge you are not going for the hearing in person it your lawyer that will represent you but let hear from others as well.best of luck

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi all,

I submit my judiciary review Feb 2022 still in process when I track it online

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi all,

Any update yet

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Judicial review hearing

The hearing must be held no sooner than 30 days and no later than 90 days after leave was granted, unless the parties agree to an earlier date. The hearing provides the parties with an opportunity to present oral submissions with respect to the judicial review application.

If you are not represented by a lawyer, you will need to be present at the hearing to argue your case. If you are represented by a lawyer, you do not need to attend but you may choose to do so.

The judgment on the judicial review application may be delivered from the bench or at a later date.

If the Federal Court grants your judicial review application, it may refer your case back to the tribunal so that it may be reconsidered.

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hello,
I had a failed humanitarian and compassionate application May of 2021 applied for appeal and leave was granted we had a court hearing of june 2022 and yesterday i recieved email from my lawyer that federal court was in favour on our side reopen my file and court asking IRCc for redetermination now IRCC asking updated submission and documents since the refusal any idea or any of you same as my situation.

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi all,

Any lastest update

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi all,

Hi how far with your judiciary review

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi all,

Please any update on your judiciary review pls I need to here from you my too was granted leave and going to court August 2023.thanks

Danii120

Nov 10, 2019
Hello,
I had a failed humanitarian and compassionate application May of 2021 applied for appeal and leave was granted we had a court hearing of june 2022 and yesterday i recieved email from my lawyer that federal court was in favour on our side reopen my file and court asking IRCc for redetermination now IRCC asking updated submission and documents since the refusal any idea or any of you same as my situation.
Hey. We too got acceptance in our judicial review just awaiting rad / ircc to reopen our file.
How long did it take your file to reopen?
And any update? what documents did they ask for?

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey. We too got acceptance in our judicial review just awaiting rad / ircc to reopen our file.
You all talking about JR on trv applications or other ..any one who got settlement before the court pls reply me how long the process took and how much lawyer charges ? Please

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is yourtimeline for JR ? When you filed and when you got settlement. Is your file re-open now and got ppr ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is for refugees. Unless you are applying for asylum you should be posting under the visitor thread.