+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobs in technical pre sales and requirement analysis

Viraj81

Feb 21, 2016
Hello....

I needed some opinion on availability of jobs in software sales, techical sales, requirements analysis or account management. Are these positions open for PR candidates in Toronto?or are native Canadians preferred?
I think software development and testing jobs are in a shortage......reading that a lot on this forum. So wanted to get an idea on sales and BD jobs, as well as requirement analyst positions...
I'm employing all usual methods like job sites and LinkedIn for my job search....plus getting a couple of referrals

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Viraj81 said:
Hello....

I needed some opinion on availability of jobs in software sales, techical sales, requirements analysis or account management. Are these positions open for PR candidates in Toronto?or are native Canadians preferred?
I think software development and testing jobs are in a shortage......reading that a lot on this forum. So wanted to get an idea on sales and BD jobs, as well as requirement analyst positions...
I'm employing all usual methods like job sites and LinkedIn for my job search....plus getting a couple of referrals
You are looking for Business Analysts jobs. BAs are in extinction. Nowadays companies want people that first of all can code. Solid coders get the jobs.

So no, there are no IT jobs shortage, on the contrary, there are lots... but those jobs are not for BAs.

Viraj81

Feb 21, 2016
if BA are in extinction there, why do i see so many job listings for presales, RA, system analysts and general sales position on workopolis, indeed and monster? maybe the scenario is that these jobs are getting closed via referrals itself?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jalex23 said:
You are looking for Business Analysts jobs. BAs are in extinction. Nowadays companies want people that first of all can code. Solid coders get the jobs.

So no, there are no IT jobs shortage, on the contrary, there are lots... but those jobs are not for BAs.
I couldn't disagree more. There are tons of BA roles. Large companies need separation between business-side BAs and technology-side BAs (this is the only way to effectively implement large scale technology solutions). Business-side BAs are never expected to code or have any experience in coding. Their role is to document business requirements and represent the business on projects. People who code don't always make very good business-side BAs. They are good at interpreting specific business requirements into code - but bad at actually collecting the business requirements from the business and understsanding what is needed. Two completely different roles. Both are critical. Both are still very much needed and being hired for.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I couldn't disagree more. There are tons of BA roles. Large companies need separation between business-side BAs and technology-side BAs (this is the only way to effectively implement large scale technology solutions). Business-side BAs are never expected to code or have any experience in coding. Their role is to document business requirements and represent the business on projects. People who code don't always make very good business-side BAs. They are good at interpreting specific business requirements into code - but bad at actually collecting the business requirements from the business and understsanding what is needed. Two completely different roles. Both are critical. Both are still very much needed and being hired for.
Hi scylla, May I request a help from you. My NOC is 2171, information systems analyst and I'm waiting for PR. while waiting i'm preparing for certificatins and also getting my resume ready for applying to different roles. Because of my experience, I believe I'm best suited for BA role. Will it be possible for you to quickly glance my resume and provide your comments and if the resume content can be improved? what would be the best way to send that file to you?

Viraj81

Feb 21, 2016
@scylla ..... Thanks for your message, I'm just trying to gauge my chances of getting a job in Toronto or nearby. If you are a BA or from the same industry pls let me know of any suggestions for job search....

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
scylla said:
I was answering for this: "I think software development and testing jobs are in a shortage......reading that a lot on this forum".

The jobs you are describing do not fall into this scope.

Now, for the ones you are describing I do not see them even near in much need as they are for technical people. Large companies hire 1 BA for 10 Devs. Also large companies prefer a technical person taking a diploma in Business than having a pure Business person. Sales usually is performed by senior Business people (with connections) and devs turned into business.

Viraj81

Feb 21, 2016
@jalex you are right in your logic i suppose, BAs and Sales reps will always be much less in number than devs. I was just making my opinion from job searches, i do see many tech sales and presales jobs out there...