+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job requirements for PR of Canada

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I am a PR of Canada since 2022 now i am planning to come to canada in 2024 for job purpose, so for that do I have to give IELTS general exam or not ?

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Also Since I got the PR lately in 2022 and I just came back to India after taking my card because of my degree that was ongoing here in India , i just want to know that , I have been outside Canada for about 6 months , now do I need to visit Canada? Like i think i shouldn't be straight away be absent from Canada after taking my Pr Card? So do I need to visit once over there for just to show my presence on papers , i am doing my Mtech in AI from Amity University Noida , so it will get over in 2024 so within this time period i need to visit once in canada to show my presence or i should just go there once and for all after completing my this last degree from India? What do you suggest me in this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also Since I got the PR lately in 2022 and I just came back to India after taking my card because of my degree that was ongoing here in India , i just want to know that , I have been outside Canada for about 6 months , now do I need to visit Canada? Like i think i shouldn't be straight away be absent from Canada after taking my Pr Card? So do I need to visit once over there for just to show my presence on papers , i am doing my Mtech in AI from Amity University Noida , so it will get over in 2024 so within this time period i need to visit once in canada to show my presence or i should just go there once and for all after completing my this last degree from India? What do you suggest me in this.
If you are coming back before PR expiry then no issue. Do you have a PR card?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are coming back before PR expiry then no issue. Do you have a PR card?
To avoid possible CBSA `issues', regarding R.O., shouldn't the OP return well before the expiry of the card, since they currently only have ~6 months towards the R.O.

Late 2025 at the latest (and remaining in Canada until applying to renew the card in mid 2027).

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To avoid possible CBSA `issues', regarding R.O., shouldn't the OP return well before the expiry of the card, since they currently only have ~6 months towards the R.O.

Late 2025 at the latest (and remaining in Canada until applying to renew the card in mid 2027).
That is true. Didn’t word my response correctly as OP stated that he just got PR in late 2022 and returning in 2024 so should be well timeframe to meet RO.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
your days spend inside Canada counts towards your RO. Travelling to show presences on papers do not help.
If you travel and stay for 1 day, your RO will be 1 more day to add to the days you spent inside Canada.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=727&top=4

I don't really see what benefit it brings unless you travel and actually spend time staying inside. Also you are likely not meeting requirement for your provinceal healthcare. So next time you settle in Canada again, you need to stay and apply for your health card/coverage.

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022

Okay , well i am planning to go by 2024.

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Do you know , like being a PR Now , i need to give IELTS academic or general? For study purpose as well as for job purpose respectively? Or I'll be enrolled without giving ielts