+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Opportunities for Open work Permit

Ashwitha

Mar 2, 2020
I have a solid 7+ experience in the IT industry. I moved to Canada in Dec'19, its been 2 months and I'm looking for job with OWP.
I see organizations either look for PR or a Citizen. It has been a real difficult task to find a job with Open work permit.

Please suggest on how I should proceed further in my job search.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Which province / city are you in as that can influence availability of jobs as well of course your IT skills being in demand or not. You say you are on a OWP but how long does that have to run given if time restricted that can have an influence . Are you using employment agencies to look for temp work ?

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I have a solid 7+ experience in the IT industry. I moved to Canada in Dec'19, its been 2 months and I'm looking for job with OWP.
I see organizations either look for PR or a Citizen. It has been a real difficult task to find a job with Open work permit.

What skills/tools you have experience in? Also, are you applying online like at indeed/LinkedIn ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

When does your OWP expire?

Ashwitha

Mar 2, 2020
What skills/tools you have experience in? Also, are you applying online like at indeed/LinkedIn ?
Hi Thank you so much for asking.
Yes, I've been applying on Indeed and LinkedIn.
I am good at Service Management, Proficient on ServiceNow tool, BMC Remedy.
Agile Methodologies, SDLC, CI/CD Pipeline.

Ashwitha

Mar 2, 2020
Which province / city are you in as that can influence availability of jobs as well of course your IT skills being in demand or not. You say you are on a OWP but how long does that have to run given if time restricted that can have an influence . Are you using employment agencies to look for temp work ?
Hi Thank you so much for your response.
Yes, I've contacted multiple agencies for employment. However I see there is no positive response in-spite of having skills and experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is very little hiring in December to mid January due to the holidays and then when the pandemic hit most employers likely froze hiring so you may have a week or two of actual normal job market. Unfortunate timing.