+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job opportunities for experienced Mechanical Engineer

abn13

Nov 12, 2021
Dear All, I am a mechanical engineer with 6 years of experience mainly in CAD. I am 27 years old and seriously thinking about migrating to Canada. Are there good opportunities for an experienced CAD engineer in Canada? If yes which are the provinces that I should look for?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All, I am a mechanical engineer with 6 years of experience mainly in CAD. I am 27 years old and seriously thinking about migrating to Canada. Are there good opportunities for an experienced CAD engineer in Canada? If yes which are the provinces that I should look for?
First, you need to determine if you are eligible to submit your name in the pool to immigrate. So look at the Express Entry program, and see if you are eligible and then calculate your CRS score. You need 470+ to be nominated.

Then you can look at different provinces if you are eligible. You aren’t licensed so you can’t work in engineering positions but technician positions.

abn13

Nov 12, 2021
First, you need to determine if you are eligible to submit your name in the pool to immigrate. So look at the Express Entry program, and see if you are eligible and then calculate your CRS score. You need 470+ to be nominated.

Then you can look at different provinces if you are eligible. You aren’t licensed so you can’t work in engineering positions but technician positions.
Hi I am eligible to apply. CRS is near to 490. But I am little bit doubtful about getting job. I have 6 years experience in working 2 of the MNCs. Being a large country I dont know where should I land to get a job that suits my skills

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I am eligible to apply. CRS is near to 490. But I am little bit doubtful about getting job. I have 6 years experience in working 2 of the MNCs. Being a large country I dont know where should I land to get a job that suits my skills
Wow 490 is an excellent score so have you completed your ECA for your degree and your IELTS? Assume you have a PhD and excellent IELTS score with 490. You don’t count points for certification. You may not get a job in your field. You will want to look at the licensing process for the province you may want to live in. Or just take any job and move to that province.

abn13

Nov 12, 2021
Wow 490 is an excellent score so have you completed your ECA for your degree and your IELTS? Assume you have a PhD and excellent IELTS score with 490. You don’t count points for certification. You may not get a job in your field. You will want to look at the licensing process for the province you may want to live in. Or just take any job and move to that province.
Ok thank you

cinvest2021

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
I would not advise you to make the move despite the fact that the immigration looks straighforward, at least not before a careful and thorough risk analysis. Keep in mind that you would not be elligible to hold the engineer title or call youself engineer (this is a protected title) until you get licensed within a provincial engineering association. Depending on your original credentials and background, this can be a long way to go. It can imply going back to school and substantial bleeding as for personal funds. Getting licensed does not mean you would land a job. It helps certainly but is by no means a guarantee,
You may land a CAD drafter position, probably easily depending on your skills, but keep in mind that drafting is not engineering. There may be few possibilities to work in a technical role as well as long as you do not stamp nor take responsibility for your work, these opprotunities are scarce anyway.
If you are not able to land a job in the first 6 months, which is not a remote scenatio at all, your financial resources may deplete and you may find yourself taken into the whirlpool of survival jobs which you may or may not cope with. It can be temporary and evolve positively or you can get stalled for good.
What I am trying to say, is that do not fall into the trap of the immigration especially your high score may mislead you into the promise of a bright future post landing. Think very carefully and exercise strong criticism towards any advertisment you see, there are often layers of verbiage and embelishment behind the untold truth which I admit the way it can mislead you is a fine work of art. Do not try this at home as the saying goes. Even if you happen to land a descent job, will you be happy at work is also something you may want to weigh in; never be shy to ask around.
Now if you do your due dilligence and all said and done the immigration still sounds like a plan, all the best and have fun.