Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Hello everyone,

I am five months away from getting 1 year of working experience in a management position (retail). I plan to apply on May for CEC as I already studied here for two years.

I've been working with this company for over a year, now I'm getting an offer from a different company (same position, better pay).

Is this going to affect my application having 6 months with one company and 5 months with a different one?

I was told that it looks better when I prove job stability, which could be reflected by staying with the current company I work for and not switching from job to job.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You can change jobs, should not be a problem (better pay is good), provided you are certain that the new job will (a) also be skilled, and (b) your employer will write that letter... :)

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
jes_ON said:
You can change jobs, should not be a problem (better pay is good), provided you are certain that the new job will (a) also be skilled, and (b) your employer will write that letter... :)
Yes, the job is the same as the one I have right now, same title, same environment, just a different company

I don't see why the wouldn't write me that letter. Unless I do something very wrong that would get me fire but that is nearly impossible as I need that experience to be eligible for CEC

I had a job before, but it wasn't skilled. I decided to walk out because problems I had with the manager, it wasn't worth staying there and I had not witnesses to prove what he was doing; I decide to leave without giving notice.

On my CEC application, they ask for work experience for the last 3 years and to provide a letter from every employer I had. What happens if I don't get a letter from that particular employer? I know it does not count for my skilled work experience, is just I job I had.
Should I try to get that letter anyways?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bravosix said:
On my CEC application, they ask for work experience for the last 3 years and to provide a letter from every employer I had. What happens if I don't get a letter from that particular employer? I know it does not count for my skilled work experience, is just I job I had.
Should I try to get that letter anyways?
Yes, your Letters of Employment should cover 3 years, even if the work experience doesn't "count" for CEC eligibility. If you cannot get one, you should write a statement explaining why.

You should also submit a Record of Employment (ROE) for each job you had (but no longer have - you only get ROEs when employment ends). You can attach the ROE and submit that with your statement.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Yes, your Letters of Employment should cover 3 years, even if the work experience doesn't "count" for CEC eligibility. If you cannot get one, you should write a statement explaining why.

You should also submit a Record of Employment (ROE) for each job you had (but no longer have - you only get ROEs when employment ends). You can attach the ROE and submit that with your statement.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml
Letters of employment for non-skilled work are not required and neither are ROEs. ROEs are great if you cannot get a letter from a former employer.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Thanks for the info :)