+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer points? IEC is an international agreement.

ItsJag

Dec 19, 2023
I have a job offer from my current employer. I don’t need an LMIA to claim the 50 points for it because IEC is an international agreement.

Under: “Canadian interests” reasons reciprocal employment my job offer is Jobs exempt from the LMIA

The thing is I have created Express entry profile by adding the Job offer but I have not been given the point

Currently I'm in Canada with the under young professionals IEC work Visa, any Idea why 50 points is not issued to my profile ?

LMIA-exempt job offers – skilled immigrants (Express Entry) here is link.

Kindly let me know if any one has an idea about this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a job offer from my current employer. I don’t need an LMIA to claim the 50 points for it because IEC is an international agreement.

Under: “Canadian interests” reasons reciprocal employment my job offer is Jobs exempt from the LMIA

The thing is I have created Express entry profile by adding the Job offer but I have not been given the point

Currently I'm in Canada with the under young professionals IEC work Visa, any Idea why 50 points is not issued to my profile ?

Have you worked for a year in Canada on the permit.

ItsJag

Dec 19, 2023
Because IEC is not a LMIA exempt permit under any of those categories. Your employer never applied for a LMIA exempt permit.
No this is confusing :( LMIA-exempt job offers – skilled immigrants (Express Entry) website states under Jobs exempt from the LMIA - 3. exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons under B. reciprocal employment IEC - ii - shows young professionals

I'm currently in Canada using the IEC young professionals Closed work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You qualify for the 50 points once you have worked for your employer in Canada for a full year on the work permit.

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@Naturgrl Hi , I have applied for PR in express entry, my biometric is completed , next is eligibility, criminality , security, background check etc.

I am living in Montreal, Quebec on closed work permit and I have shown my intent to move out of Quebec after getting PR as I have shown the permission from my employer that I will be moved to Toronto office of my employer soon.

My question is that in which step ( eligibility, security,criminality or background check) they will verify my intent and will be satisfied with my intent.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

balwinder_kaur

Star Member
May 2, 2018
I am on closed work permit LMIA exempt (international agreement). I have worked for more than 1 year with this employer. But now the employer says that I need to move back as the project is about get over. My work permit is valid till July and I have already received ITA. Can I still claim those 50 points? Even if I am not working with this same employer now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am on closed work permit LMIA exempt (international agreement). I have worked for more than 1 year with this employer. But now the employer says that I need to move back as the project is about get over. My work permit is valid till July and I have already received ITA. Can I still claim those 50 points? Even if I am not working with this same employer now.
In order to claim the 50 points, your employer needs to provide a letter stating they will continue to employ you in the role for a year after PR. If you're moving back to your home country or no longer working for that employer, thats not going to work. Don't claim the 50 points.

Reactions: ishanarorase

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You need to have job offer for next 1 year to claim the points.