+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer Letter Requirement under CEC

kv2625

Nov 28, 2022
Hi All,

I'm currently on a LMIA-exempt work permit with an employer that plans to continue employing me. I have a transfer of employment offer letter from them that was given to me for the purposes of applying for a work-permit last year. Upon the completion of 1 year working in Canada, I am choosing to apply for the PR under CEC. I marked "Yes" for the question about having a job offer (+50 points). I transferred from the US with my current employer. I understand that there is a clear distinction between an employment verification letter and a job offer letter.

It is confusing because IRCC says it has to be “new job offer” & “cannot use same offer letter which used to get the work permit”

Two questions:
1. I am wondering if I can even claim 50 points for “arranged employment”/“job offer letter”?
2. If so, does anyone have any experience/sample letters for a job offer that I can send to my employer for drafting a letter for me?

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I'm currently on a LMIA-exempt work permit with an employer that plans to continue employing me. I have a transfer of employment offer letter from them that was given to me for the purposes of applying for a work-permit last year. Upon the completion of 1 year working in Canada, I am choosing to apply for the PR under CEC. I marked "Yes" for the question about having a job offer (+50 points). I transferred from the US with my current employer. I understand that there is a clear distinction between an employment verification letter and a job offer letter.

It is confusing because IRCC says it has to be “new job offer” & “cannot use same offer letter which used to get the work permit”

Two questions:
1. I am wondering if I can even claim 50 points for “arranged employment”/“job offer letter”?
2. If so, does anyone have any experience/sample letters for a job offer that I can send to my employer for drafting a letter for me?
1. Yes, you can claim the 50 points for arranged employment post 1 year completion in Canada with the same employer and on the same work permit.
2. But you will need a new letter (it can be a reference letter, or a job offer letter) from your employer stating that they will "continue to employ you for at leaast 1 year after you get your PR".
There is no set format as such, but it has to be from the employer on company letter head with the manager/HR's sign and contact details and the above line.

herin09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
1. Yes, you can claim the 50 points for arranged employment post 1 year completion in Canada with the same employer and on the same work permit.
2. But you will need a new letter (it can be a reference letter, or a job offer letter) from your employer stating that they will "continue to employ you for at leaast 1 year after you get your PR".
There is no set format as such, but it has to be from the employer on company letter head with the manager/HR's sign and contact details and the above line.
I got transferred from India and working on closed work permit. I claimed job offer points and got ITA now the HR is telling me they cannot issue new offer letter only the supporting letter to the original offer letter can be issued will that work? support letter will have job duties in line with the NOC code, salary etc. Can you please advice?