+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer [IEC to CEC]

addonis1990

Jun 15, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my thread. I have been in Canada for over 15 months now working full time for a tech company under IEC program (found the job through AIESEC, the student organization). I am considering applying to CEC immigration program but I was wondering what a "valid job offer" means in my case. I am planning to stay with the same company and they told me they are willing to provide me with an offer letter as long as this doesn't involve LMIA procedure. Is the letter enough to get those extra points ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my thread. I have been in Canada for over 15 months now working full time for a tech company under IEC program (found the job through AIESEC, the student organization). I am considering applying to CEC immigration program but I was wondering what a "valid job offer" means in my case. I am planning to stay with the same company and they told me they are willing to provide me with an offer letter as long as this doesn't involve LMIA procedure. Is the letter enough to get those extra points ?
1. No, a letter from them is not considered a valid job offer. They can do an LMIA at no charge to support your PR application, which doesn't give you a work permit. See: http://tinyurl.com/y8swwnvl