+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer from Quebec

hhh333

Oct 15, 2021
Hello,

I recently got my eCOPR as an inland applicant (August 24th) and just applied for my new SIN (October). Since I did my PR application through CEC I moved from Quebec to BC but I had no luck finding a good job. Recently, my old company in Quebec offered me a job that I am very interested in but I am still waiting for my PR card here in BC. My question is, when I get my new SIN can I move back to Quebec with just the eCOPR and wait for my PR card? Do you think IRCC will refuse to give my PR card because I moved back to Quebec?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I recently got my eCOPR as an inland applicant (August 24th) and just applied for my new SIN (October). Since I did my PR application through CEC I moved from Quebec to BC but I had no luck finding a good job. Recently, my old company in Quebec offered me a job that I am very interested in but I am still waiting for my PR card here in BC. My question is, when I get my new SIN can I move back to Quebec with just the eCOPR and wait for my PR card? Do you think IRCC will refuse to give my PR card because I moved back to Quebec?

Thank you
How long have you been in BC and how long since you left your job in Quebec? When you move to BC did you sign a longterm lease? Do you have proof that you have applied for many jobs over months and did attempt to relocate outside Quebec?

hhh333

Oct 15, 2021
How long have you been in BC and how long since you left your job in Quebec? When you move to BC did you sign a longterm lease? Do you have proof that you have applied for many jobs over months and did attempt to relocate outside Quebec?
I moved to BC in July and stayed at a family's so technically no rent. I am just doing casual work right now and would like to get back to a more stable work but I just can't seem to find something that I would enjoy. I was planning on leaving BC too to explore other provinces. The job in Quebec is something that I would really like to do. I am just trying to see if I can start since I got my eCOPR and SINis just waiting for my PR card

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I moved to BC in July and stayed at a family's so technically no rent. I am just doing casual work right now and would like to get back to a more stable work but I just can't seem to find something that I would enjoy. I was planning on leaving BC too to explore other provinces. The job in Quebec is something that I would really like to do. I am just trying to see if I can start since I got my eCOPR and SINis just waiting for my PR card
If you left BC in July I assume you were either asked or knew that you would need to show that you had left your job and moved out of Quebec. If you now return to Quebec as soon as you’ve secured your PR card and return to the the same job it will look like you never actually left Quebec permanently and you showed that you had “moved” while planning on returning to Quebec and your previous employer. Did you have a home in Quebec? What happened to your home and your belongings if you are staying at a friend’s home in BC? If you are looking for more professional jobs

Last edited:

hhh333

Oct 15, 2021
Yes I quit my job and moved, honestly thought I will settle down in BC but it's not really working out. Maybe it's not the best idea to go back to Quebec then.