+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job In Quebec

akhildeviprasad

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All,

I got my PR in 2019 March and I did my landing procedures and came back to my home country because I was planning to settles certain things first.

Couple of weeks back an employer reached out to me for a job in Quebec and asked if I have been staying in Toronto from past one year at least ( to which I responded saying that I have a valid PR and I am ready to relocate to Montreal but I have not been living in Canada but I want to move to Canada once I have a job ). Then he stopped and said he might need to check with Quebec immigration consultant because apparently any Canadian PR holder needs to physically present in Canada before applying for a role in Quebec and also Quebec has certain different laws when it comes to employment.

Also I wanted to know if 110k annually is a good enough salary for a family of 3 ( myself, wife and a newborn ) ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I got my PR in 2019 March and I did my landing procedures and came back to my home country because I was planning to settles certain things first.

Couple of weeks back an employer reached out to me for a job in Quebec and asked if I have been staying in Toronto from past one year at least ( to which I responded saying that I have a valid PR and I am ready to relocate to Montreal but I have not been living in Canada but I want to move to Canada once I have a job ). Then he stopped and said he might need to check with Quebec immigration consultant because apparently any Canadian PR holder needs to physically present in Canada before applying for a role in Quebec and also Quebec has certain different laws when it comes to employment.

Also I wanted to know if 110k annually is a good enough salary for a family of 3 ( myself, wife and a newborn ) ?
If you are a PR you can work anywhere in Canada. 110k would be considered a good salary but it all depends on your expenses. In general most families have both parents working because they need the 2 incomes to support their lifestyle. You should be aware that your child will need to attend French school once she/he is older.

akhildeviprasad

Aug 25, 2017
If you are a PR you can work anywhere in Canada. 110k would be considered a good salary but it all depends on your expenses. In general most families have both parents working because they need the 2 incomes to support their lifestyle. You should be aware that your child will need to attend French school once she/he is older.
Thank you so much for your response. I got my PR under Ontario nomination and after my initial landing procedure in march 2019 I went back to my home country. So I have actually not lived in Ontario at all, but I do have a bank account and my PR card with me.

Taking the above into consideration will be a problem for me to work for an employer in Quebec(Montreal)?