+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB fo handicapped??

jaena

Dec 17, 2011
Dear All,

Hope you can help me!.. I am physically handicap and I currently working here in UAE. Even I have this physical disability, I am willing to work in Canada to help my family from my hometown. I have relatives in Canada, they said try to apply in Canada as Foreign workers but its too hard for me to apply because there are chances that they did not accept same like me and I understand that even a non-disability also getting hard to find jobs in canada. I also searching jobs who also accept disable like me because I believe to myself though I have this I can prove that i can work same like what the normal people do.

I read some of the forums that some of them already there in Canada even they are disable like me. Hope that anyone can help me too.
Thank you

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being disabled is not a reason for employers not to hire you in Canada, unless the job you are being considered for requires that you perform certain physical tasks that could not be done if you are handicapped , such as lifting or security guard work.

If you can find a job, you do not even have to mention your physical disability unless they specifically tell you that the job requires such and such, are you physically able to do that? Otherwise, employers aren't allowed by law to discriminate on the basis of disability.

Reactions: sheru8108