+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

wallace.ar

Nov 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a spouse sponsorship application from Quebec. When applying from the federal immigration website, it states that "If you would like to immigrate to Quebec, you must first apply with the province directly." and don't give me another option to continue with the application.

However, when accessing Quebec's immigration website it says that "When Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) informs you that you are eligible to sponsor a person, you must submit an undertaking application to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (Ministry). The application must be accompanied by a permanent selection application for the person you want to sponsor.".

Is there anyone on the same situation? Should I apply first via the federal website or the Quebec's one?

thanks

Oct 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a spouse sponsorship application from Quebec. When applying from the federal immigration website, it states that "If you would like to immigrate to Quebec, you must first apply with the province directly." and don't give me another option to continue with the application.

However, when accessing Quebec's immigration website it says that "When Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) informs you that you are eligible to sponsor a person, you must submit an undertaking application to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (Ministry). The application must be accompanied by a permanent selection application for the person you want to sponsor.".

Is there anyone on the same situation? Should I apply first via the federal website or the Quebec's one?

thanks
You will start the process at the federal level and they will at some point ask you to apply for the csq and once you have the csq you can send a copy to IRCC or wait for Quebec to confirm that you have a csq. Then the process resumes (somewhat)…

Oliver K

Jan 15, 2024
Hello Everyone, is anyone still waiting for PR from January 2023? I am stuck on a background check from August...13 months soon...it's a disaster

Reactions: Home_13579

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Congratulations! You are close :)

I had the same info on my work permit application. After a few (maximum 5) working days I had the decision*.

*sponsorship is more complex, but I hope it will not be a long waiting time.
mine applied work permit based on work permit support letter

applied : jan 15,2024
wp extension letter: jan 16,2024

correspondance letter: bio validity letter : jan 17,2024

and says

final decision : jan 17,2024 application in progress and once final decision taken send to you message

how many days after you got approval ?