+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 21- transfer program

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
Ive got offer letter through university transfer program. I’ve heard that it might be difficult to get my visa approved if ive transferred. How can I justify this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Depends. I see you have been “approved” to attend ICM. It is a pathway program and not acceptance to the university of Manitoba. Visa officers may wonder why you didn’t apply to U of M directly.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your history says where you applied. Ahh...you have an agent. Did the agent tell you to apply to the school or are they a representative and getting ”kick-backs” or fees from the school. You may or may not get an approved permit.

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
I can see that...anyway are you a student or what? I’ve got 7bands and had computer science in intermediate(71%). My degree at UOM is also of computer science. I was super convinced with ICM that’s why I suggested it(didn’t score enough in MATHS). Obviously he’s getting something.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can see that...anyway are you a student or what? I’ve got 7bands and had computer science in intermediate(71%). My degree at UOM is also of computer science. I was super convinced with ICM that’s why I suggested it(didn’t score enough in MATHS). Obviously he’s getting something.
You say your degree is at U of M but have you been accepted there. ICM is a private college and it is misleading because it isn’t part of the U of M. it is run (I think) by an Australian company. You may go to ICM and not get accepted to U of M. ICM makes money by recruiting international students.

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
You say your degree is at U of M but have you been accepted there. ICM is a private college and it is misleading because it isn’t part of the U of M. it is run (I think) by an Australian company. You may go to ICM and not get accepted to U of M. ICM makes money by recruiting international students.
YES, they’ve a contract with UOM and yes Australian company runs it. This wouldn’t matter because we are getting 1year equivalent to university’s. Getting into UOM is concerning if we don’t score well at ICM. Every other university I applied to rejected me because my Maths was below 50%. I’ve to do Additional (UTP-1 Maths) at ICM.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
YES, they’ve a contract with UOM and they are run my an Australian company. This wouldn’t matter because we are getting 1year equivalent to university’s. Getting into UOM is concerning if we don’t score well at ICM. Every other university I applied to rejected me because my Maths was below 50%. I’ve to do Additional (UTP-1 Maths) at ICM.
Ok good luck. Hope you are approved going to a private college with no guarantee you will get approve to go to u of m. That is what the immigration officer will be looking at.