+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Its there.. its not there? which is it

B

boyee6576

Since winning my appeal on March 16th I have been trying to get all the information I can to have some idea when this nightmare will be over and we can finally breathe.

I had called CIC call centre twice to see if my file had left and was in India. the first time I call the call centre they said the file was in a diplomatic mail bag and they didnt know when it would be sent. I thought fair enough, atleast no false hope. I call a month later and they say how delhi received it on April 13th and accepted by delhi office and then contact the MPs office and the first time they told me it left canada on the 9th of april. The second time I called they told me the file had been received by Delhi office on April 13th. I thought great. I had sent an email to Delhi asking how long it process will take until my husband has a visa in his hands cause I have to have surgery in the very near future. They emailed me back saying that they had no record of my appeal and didnt have my file and in fact had absolutely nothing from Canada as of May 17th but I could fax off my appeal information. I faxed it off the same day. I had contacted my MP office to get some clear answers on the subject and finally they contacted me yesterday. My file is NOT there in delhi and that it will take 3 to 4 months from the date of winning the appeal to have them start working on our case. We will be getting a new B file number so if he wants to get medical and PCC done we cant even send it in or it will cause delays since the old number wont be in use and cause confusion. So now more waiting. I was so excited when call centre people told me the file was ACCEPTED by delhi. I thought YESSSS finally this is moving. I dont know how they can be so confused. How can you say a file has been accepted by a country when its not even there?
I am thinking to go to India until he can come home with me. This stress of being apart and not knowing things is getting too much for us. I dont know why there is so much confusion.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
So if it is not in New Delhi, then where is it? Did they send it to the wrong embassy?
Maybe it is in New Delhi, but waiting in a pile to be opened; that's basically what happens to our applications in the first place.
Please continue to keep us updated on your case. There's very little info about what happens to a file after an appeal is won.

Goong to India to be with him sounds like a good idea. Even better if you can find something to do there.
Good luck.

B

boyee6576

No they didnt send it to the wrong place they have it tagged for Delhi.
After you win your appeal depending on the country it stays in Ottawa for some time waiting to go by diplomatic mail to their respective embassies. I dont know if they wait until they have a certain amount to send to the embassies, but thats really not fair. I have heard some countries have to wait several months after winning just waiting in Ottawa to go (I have heard some only go twice a year to some countries) I think it should be speedy, you won, they were proven wrong to refuse, let us have some justice and get going here but thats just me. It could be in a huge stack in delhi who knows. At this point you dont get any clear answers. Ecas will be useless as the B file number will change and we wont get that until my husband gets his letter of instructions from Delhi.
So now I have to call the MP's office every two weeks to get an update and hopefully find out something.

So much for family reunification. God give me your patience cause mine is pretty much gone.

I

iarblue

Good God i cant understand it.Once the Appeal is won you think they would send a letter to the visa office stating the results and to give out the visa.This is pure bulls___.
They make you go through hell,then go through it again at an appeal,then once again till they get their mail?
But ND is the busiest office they need more hands out their i think.

I

iarblue

I know one thing i could not handle what you have gone through i have no patience at all.Im going crazy now.Its the not knowing that kills.

B

boyee6576

Bull**** is right iarblue. The entire original file has to go back to the visa office. What for I dont know. I would think the letter from the IRB signed and with the seal on it with all signatures necessary would be enough to start the ball rolling. When I sent an email to Delhi they said they didnt have the file and if I wanted I could fax the appeal docs to them. I spent $10 for three pages and it was a waste of time. Its not that I wasted $10 I would pay anything to get this over with but the MP's office said they cant do anything until the original file is in their hands. Then why would they say fax it? whats the point?

Anyways, I am thinking about going there. This is too much. I am going to wait until the end of this month and if he hasnt been contacted by then, I am packing and heading out the door. we have not seen each other since November. I realize its not that long but as you all know when your struggling even two weeks seems like forever. The stress of this entire thing had us in tears most of the time. Anyways I am sure things will work out but since there is nothing I can do on my end I am going to head out.
Its a busy office but how long should it take? :'( Our original application was much faster than this.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
boyee6576 said:
Bull**** is right iarblue. The entire original file has to go back to the visa office. What for I dont know. I would think the letter from the IRB signed and with the seal on it with all signatures necessary would be enough to start the ball rolling. When I sent an email to Delhi they said they didnt have the file and if I wanted I could fax the appeal docs to them. I spent $10 for three pages and it was a waste of time. Its not that I wasted $10 I would pay anything to get this over with but the MP's office said they cant do anything until the original file is in their hands. Then why would they say fax it? whats the point?
It goes back to the original visa office again because it has to be reprocessed, just to make sure they can't find some other reason to refuse it. Basically, that's the answer. The original reason for refusal is overturned when you win an appeal, but that doesn't mean that they can't find something else wrong and refuse over that. I have personally never seen, in the past 3+ years of being around these forums, someone who was refused again a second time but it could happen.

We won our appeal through the Toronto IAD in mid-January. We did not get the decision letter until March 7, and supposedly the application went back to the visa office on March 9. We did not get notification from the visa office that they had the file back until the first week of May when they sent forms for the medical and PCC redo. We were given 60 days for that. So, soon it will be 6 months since we won the appeal and they really haven't even started re-assessing the case yet.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
boyee6576 said:
The whole thing is ridiculous. Honestly, I thought once you won the appeal everything was almost over; instead you have to wait months or a year - even when the application is being processed in the USA.
I bet when they said you could fax the appeal docs to them, they meant the whole file - all 300 pages of it or whatever. For that price I'd sooner fly out to Ghana (in my case) with the file and hand it to them myself!
My husband thinks these long waits are CIC's deliberate way to test marriages. If it is not a genuine marriage, the husband or wife will eventually give up. I agree that may be the case, but I also wonder how many genuine marriages have been ruined by the absurdly long time the couple is forced to live apart, and by the stress.

B

boyee6576

Yes it would be cheaper to fly to delhi and hand deliver it but it has to be original file you only get a copy of it.

It does put a stress on couples. Its bad enough being apart but this other nonsense we have had to go through has ramped it up to a new level. Fortunately, it made us more determined to get passed this hurdle because we know we will be together in the end either here or India. I am considering going there and staying until he can come home with me. Its just too hard on the heart.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I haven't completed the process yet but I think I totally understand where you are coming from BOYEEE. My file reached the Port of Spain office in Aug 2009 and in Sept the IO looked over my file and determined that an interview is required. I just got my CAIPS notes yesterday and what does it have? Well, out of the 7 pages they sent only 2 pages have information written on it and that information is only a summary of the application we sent it. From Sept to date, nothing has been done on my file and it states that the file is in queue for an interview and my next BF date is June 30, 2010. Think about this, from Sept to now ... they havent opened my file for nothing ... no checks or anything done. I too will need ARC. It's too frustrating and mind breaking to have to go through this process man.

Speaking of unfair treatment to their clients, I would love to have a one on one meeting with the minister.

Also, I have seen that there have been a few mistakes regarding to my previous immigration history in Canada such as I have been refused for PRRA twice and kept reapplying. Like I don't know how they can make such false claims on people's files.

I have nothing here to do right now .. I got dipped back home in January and have no job or nothing to do. Just learning Spanish 2x a week which still doesn't help. Everywhere you turn or twist there is this flashback of Immigration that keeps coming to you.

God, it's too much.

B

boyee6576

Yes I can understand that very well. You know there is no reason for them to take so long to look at appealed cases. We have already jumped through the hoops and prove our cases and it shouldnt take that long. It should be that once you file your appeal then you have 4 months to prepare for ADR or full hearing. Then if you win, then it should take no longer than 2 months for you to have your visa in hand. I cant belive the wait you have. My heart really goes out to you having to wait all this time. I am thinking about going to India but this time of year the tickets are pretty expensive and I was hoping to use the money to go on a trip within Canada once he came here, but we are beyond lonely now, as I am sure you are experiencing also

I have wanted to have a meeting with the minister also. I think alot of things should change for appeals and this waiting thing is for the birds. No one should have to wait so long to have their case heard and once you win, it shouldnt take anytime to get through it.

I have to have surgery and I wanted to have my husband here for when I have it. Anyone would right?. So I asked if it could be fast tracked so he could be here and I was told unless I could prove that I had no one in all of canada that could help me after my surgery there was no way they would make things go faster. LOL nice eh?

C

cocokamal

hello all appeal cases,
we are all in the same boat
some days i run out of patience and others when reading your posts I know I am not alone in this
we won our appeal in april and they started processing mid May after recieving original documents
I am waiting anxiously to hear from them to finish this process. I read in other posts they are working on files recieved by march 4 / 2010. it appears each case is different and it is processed differently

all the best for us all. for anyone here who has a lawyer or a representative, you can request they send an email asking for file update and this way you know where your case is at.
or email your local embassy yourself asking kindly for update and give them some time and they will let you know more info.

all the best

B

boyee6576

I contacted my Mps office again to see if they can find out where my file is. There apparently is some huge confusion since with an appeal your file number will change once it goes back to the visa office for further processing. I am trying to keep it together but today all I want to do is cry. :'(