Kelly0891

Jul 7, 2011
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been 16 months since I sponsored my Ecuadorian husband for Permanent Residence. He had his interview with an immigration officer on August 1st. Everything went well, but the officer told my husband that he would have to redo his medicals. The officer stayed with my husband's passport and told him that he would be receiving a form to do the medicals within a week. It's been a month and a half and we have no idea what is happening. I have already made a case specific inquiry, but no reply yet. Anything else I could do? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly0891 said:
It's been 16 months since I sponsored my Ecuadorian husband for Permanent Residence. He had his interview with an immigration officer on August 1st. Everything went well, but the officer told my husband that he would have to redo his medicals. The officer stayed with my husband's passport and told him that he would be receiving a form to do the medicals within a week. It's been a month and a half and we have no idea what is happening. I have already made a case specific inquiry, but no reply yet. Anything else I could do? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
He can do the medical without the form, just like he did the first time. He should then fax the receipt AND either deliver or courier it to the visa office to be added to his file.

Kelly0891

Jul 7, 2011
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
He can do the medical without the form, just like he did the first time. He should then fax the receipt AND either deliver or courier it to the visa office to be added to his file.
Thanks for the quick reply but isin't he supposed to receive some kind of special form to re do his medicals?? that's what I've read in some messages in this forum. If not, it would be great to go ahead and speed things up!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly0891 said:
Thanks for the quick reply but isin't he supposed to receive some kind of special form to re do his medicals?? that's what I've read in some messages in this forum. If not, it would be great to go ahead and speed things up!
The "special" form is just one with his picture, file no., client id and application number on it. But it's still the same medical. The "form" won't change the results.

Kelly0891

Jul 7, 2011
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
The "special" form is just one with his picture, file no., client id and application number on it. But it's still the same medical. The "form" won't change the results.
Hey, my husband just contacted a designated practitioner and was told he could not re do his medicals because they would need his passport! The officer at the interview took his passport to Colombia and we have not heard anything from him yet! ANY ideas of what can be done in the mean time?? We can't even re do medicals on our own! :(

Kelly0891

Jul 7, 2011
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone any suggestions???! I am going nuts here! The timelime is 17 months and its over this month !!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the timeline shows the avg of 80% of the cases finalized so once the end of the mth comes n no response if it comes to that then send a CSE and get an MP involved

Kelly0891

Jul 7, 2011
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
the timeline shows the avg of 80% of the cases finalized so once the end of the mth comes n no response if it comes to that then send a CSE and get an MP involved
I know you have nothing to do with this... and sorry for what I'm about to say but I am so fed up with this! Even if I could get help from an MP ... most of them are so busy that I would have to wait another month for an appointment to speak with them. After that, I would still have to wait for him/her to find out what is going on at the visa office .... that's maybe another 2 more months! I honestly don't know what do anymore.. this is ridiculous! and the timeline was 15 months , I sent a CES and a week later there is an update that the timeline is 17 months ! I am so disappointed in Immigration Canada.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i feel u CIC sux n i didnt start yet i have a minimum 19 mths ahead of me try going to ur mp n make a stink about it

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly0891 said:
Hey, my husband just contacted a designated practitioner and was told he could not re do his medicals because they would need his passport! The officer at the interview took his passport to Colombia and we have not heard anything from him yet! ANY ideas of what can be done in the mean time?? We can't even re do medicals on our own! :(
He can use other government issued ID for the medical. You might want to send a fax to the embassy to the attention of the program manager. State that your husband is still waiting for the medical instructions AND that he was advised by the DMP that he will require his passport when the medical exam is performed but that the officer has held the passport.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
They updated the waiting time to 63 days :(:( its only going to go up and we are never gonna see our spouses :'(

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:
They updated the waiting time to 63 days :(:( its only going to go up and we are never gonna see our spouses :'(
Don't get down now! Those wait times for sponsorship approval go up and down all of the time. They were as high as 72 days recently. Summer is over and it will get back down to the normal 30 to 45 days soon for that portion.