+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It's been way over the 90days period...how do I follow up with Detroit office???

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Hi everyone,
been awhile for me to visit here, it's been really frustrating because I've seen so many who got approved already, and I have not heard from Detroit office at all. The 90th day was back In october 14th;(
although don't get me wrong I'm very very happy for everyone who got their visas or approvals already!!!!

Just wondered, what's the best way to follow up with detroit office?
Is it possible for me to follow up even though we have a representative?
If we ask him if we can follow up, he just says they will contact us if they need to, we will just have to wait;(
I feel like, I should follow up but I don't know?

Please please tell me if I shoud and if that's a good move to make?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear you're having such problems with your application. God know I wouldn't wish that upon anyone... :(

Case processing centres tend to be very cranky regarding contacting them and usually put outlandish requirements for how long you have to wait before they reply to your queries. That being said, I've read about people here at the forum just showing up at the consulate and being received out very well by the people working there, so you never know. Someone else probably knows more about that.

Where did you get the 90 days from, btw?

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
Swede said:
Where did you get the 90 days from, btw?
Visa office started processing my case on 10/03/2009 and in my AOR letter it was written that:

(...) If you have not received any instructions from this office by 10/06/2009, you may wish to write to this office to ask for an update.

(...) If you have not received notification of your interview appointment or any instructions for medical examinations by 10/09/2009, you may again wish to write us and request an update.
Maybe this is where annemyrtle took the 90 days from. :)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Miryam said:
Visa office started processing my case on 10/03/2009 and in my AOR letter it was written that:

Maybe this is where annemyrtle took the 90 days from. :)
ooook...then she could just send them a case specific enquiry and then she'd know... :)

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Re: It's been way over the 90days period...how do I follow up with Detroit offic

We received a letter stating that my case was transferred from buffalo to Detroit back July 14th and it that letter it says the Detroit may contact me for an interview if it's needed within 90 days.
And during this 90 days we should not inquire for any update on the status. They did send us another letter after a month saying that the interview was nit necessary but theyrequested for Police clearance and roof that my son is indeed staying with my husband in Canada.
Which we sent out a week after the requested documents.

I wish I could just walk in to the consulate office but I have to fly to Detroit for that;(
I was just wondering if there's a formal form to fill out for this kind of Inquiry....

Thank you guys for your responses, really appreciated!!!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Re: It's been way over the 90days period...how do I follow up with Detroit offic

annemyrtle said:
We received a letter stating that my case was transferred from buffalo to Detroit back July 14th and it that letter it says the Detroit may contact me for an interview if it's needed within 90 days.
And during this 90 days we should not inquire for any update on the status. They did send us another letter after a month saying that the interview was nit necessary but theyrequested for Police clearance and roof that my son is indeed staying with my husband in Canada.
Which we sent out a week after the requested documents.

I wish I could just walk in to the consulate office but I have to fly to Detroit for that;(
I was just wondering if there's a formal form to fill out for this kind of Inquiry....

Thank you guys for your responses, really appreciated!!!
This is the case-specific enquiry form for Detroit. Good luck! :)