+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received, Work Experience with CEC

tuba.hq

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,

I received my ITA but my points automatically got updated on May 1st, 2020, and that is when I received the ITA. I complete 2 years of work in June 2020, but the CRS points, automatically increased, to 2 years worth of Canadian experience, on May 1st 2020.

Should I wait till June 2020, and then submit the application (i.e. accept the ITA)? Since it would show 2 years of Canadian work experience, for which I gained points for?

Also, when I complete the questionnaire, its that when I get my personalized checklist, correct? So when I submit my application and all the necessary documentation, is when I have completed eAPR and I will receive the AOR? This is also called accepting the invitation, correct?

Thanks for the help!

purvakwiki

Oct 24, 2016
Hi,

I received my ITA but my points automatically got updated on May 1st, 2020, and that is when I received the ITA. I complete 2 years of work in June 2020, but the CRS points, automatically increased, to 2 years worth of Canadian experience, on May 1st 2020.

Should I wait till June 2020, and then submit the application (i.e. accept the ITA)? Since it would show 2 years of Canadian work experience, for which I gained points for?

Also, when I complete the questionnaire, its that when I get my personalized checklist, correct? So when I submit my application and all the necessary documentation, is when I have completed eAPR and I will receive the AOR? This is also called accepting the invitation, correct?

Thanks for the help!
Your initial Points are counted by the information you give. And there my friend trouble starts you wrote 40 H per week they found 1560H=1 Year according to their logarithm but when officer checks your file they will count exect 2 years as 2 years. You need exactly 2 year or it will be counted as 1 year and point will be given accordingly.
Hope this helps.

tuba.hq

Jan 18, 2020
Your initial Points are counted by the information you give. And there my friend trouble starts you wrote 40 H per week they found 1560H=1 Year according to their logarithm but when officer checks your file they will count exect 2 years as 2 years. You need exactly 2 year or it will be counted as 1 year and point will be given accordingly.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response. I checked the questionnaire, that I filled while creating the EE profile. I can only see the month June 2018, input into the questionnaire, and no hours section was mentioned. So not sure, how the system took it to be 40 hours per work week...

So my best bet would be to submit the eAPR once I complete the 2 years (which is in June 2020), correct? Or will the invitation be affected in any way?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thank you for your response. I checked the questionnaire, that I filled while creating the EE profile. I can only see the month June 2018, input into the questionnaire, and no hours section was mentioned. So not sure, how the system took it to be 40 hours per work week...

So my best bet would be to submit the eAPR once I complete the 2 years (which is in June 2020), correct? Or will the invitation be affected in any way?
Wait until you complete your 2 years of work experience and then submit your application with a letter of explanation. You should be fine.

Janaor2020

May 23, 2020
@indianstudent96 i have same scenario but i got ita within 11 months, still have around two months To submit e-apr. For e-apr, should we complete 52 weeks if we have some weeks off in last year ?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
@indianstudent96 i have same scenario but i got ita within 11 months, still have around two months To submit e-apr. For e-apr, should we complete 52 weeks if we have some weeks off in last year ?
The problem in your case is you did not meet MEC at the time of ITA, so it's at the discretion of the officer. If you are confident that you will get an ITA after you have a year of work experience, decline your current ITA. If you do feel like you can't get an ITA and this is your last chance, explain it in a LOE and submit it after you have one year of work experience. I had some issues getting a reference letter for a few weeks of work experience which means I no longer meet MEC for the round of invitations when I got ITA, so I declined it and I am waiting for another one. I'm optimistic.

Last edited:

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
The problem in your case is you did not meet MEC at the time of ITA, so it's at the discretion of the officer. If you are confident that you will get an ITA after you have a year of work experience, decline your current ITA. If you do feel like you can't get an ITA and this is your last chance, explain it in a LOE and submit it after you have one year of work experience. I had some issues getting a reference letter for a few weeks of work experience which means I no longer meet MEC for the round of invitations when I got ITA, so I declined it and I am waiting for another one. I'm optimistic.

Hi there, I have the same scenario. I received ITA before hitting one-year mark. I have not declined the ITA yet, but I have plan to decline it now and wait for next draw as I already got the 1-yr experience. I am currently sitting at 469. Is it a risk for me?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi there, I have the same scenario. I received ITA before hitting one-year mark. I have not declined the ITA yet, but I have plan to decline it now and wait for next draw as I already got the 1-yr experience. I am currently sitting at 469. Is it a risk for me?
Only you can answer that question. If you are a CEC candidate, wait for the PNP draw to take place first and then decline your ITA, so you at least know you will get an ITA in a CEC only draw. This way you minimize your risk of finding yourself in a tricky situation. The recent trend has been PNP draws on Wednesdays followed by CEC draws on Thursdays or Fridays. If you do not see a PNP draw this week, hold on to your ITA. The likelihood of getting an ITA with 469 in a general draw is quite low.