+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

it has been 9 months, but I haven't got my AOR

kk_ll

Feb 26, 2023
I applied my citizenship online on July 2 of last year, but till now I haven't received AOR. and I also didn't receive any emails or messages from IRCC saying that my application was incomplete. I tried to contact IRCC using their webform, but I couldn't because it showed "please wait and wait till I received my AOR".

I don't think if this processing speed is normal. Did this issue happen to other people? And do you have any suggestions? Thank you a lot!

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
In your shoes, I would consider cancelling my application and applying again. AOR seems to be happening fast nowadays. Sounds like yours may be lost in the system.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I applied my citizenship online on July 2 of last year, but till now I haven't received AOR. and I also didn't receive any emails or messages from IRCC saying that my application was incomplete. I tried to contact IRCC using their webform, but I couldn't because it showed "please wait and wait till I received my AOR".

I don't think if this processing speed is normal. Did this issue happen to other people? And do you have any suggestions? Thank you a lot!
Your application got lost . You should apply for new application asap . Last year this happened with many people and they have to submit another application. 9 months for AOR is pretty long. These days it’s taking around 2-3 weeks. You should submit new application asap . Your old application never reached them and you will never receive AOR even though you wait around 6 months.

kk_ll

Feb 26, 2023
Your application got lost . You should apply for new application asap . Last year this happened with many people and they have to submit another application. 9 months for AOR is pretty long. These days it’s taking around 2-3 weeks. You should submit new application asap . Your old application never reached them and you will never receive AOR even though you wait around 6 months.
Today, I checked my application status according to my UCI No, and the page says "Physical Presence - in progress" and there is no update since last October. I did move several times in Canada during the previous years. But would this item need such a long time to be checked? It's very ridiculous.

I also tried to call IRCC from outside, but I was noticed outside call wouldn't be received. So, finally, I had to send them a Webform message and hope they would reply me ASAP. If I can't get a reply from the Webform, I think I will have to do according to what your said above and apply again.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
If your physical presence is "in progress", it means that not receiving the AOR was some kind of bug, but your application has definitely been entered to the system, else you wouldn't even access the tracker. Forget the AOR, it's useless now... What matters is that you can receive the other mails from IRCC.
Also, you're definitely unlucky as far as timelines go. Many applicants will have already passed their test and maybe even become citizen by now. Maybe, apart from the webform you already wrote, send an ATIP request to IRCC asking for your CGMS notes? That should take a month and should give you a better idea what's going on with your application.

kk_ll

Feb 26, 2023
If your physical presence is "in progress", it means that not receiving the AOR was some kind of bug, but your application has definitely been entered to the system, else you wouldn't even access the tracker. Forget the AOR, it's useless now... What matters is that you can receive the other mails from IRCC.
Also, you're definitely unlucky as far as timelines go. Many applicants will have already passed their test and maybe even become citizen by now. Maybe, apart from the webform you already wrote, send an ATIP request to IRCC asking for your CGMS notes? That should take a month and should give you a better idea what's going on with your application.
Thank you!

i've found the ATIP page as below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

it seems that I can apply online and pay $5 as well. I guess I need to write my issue in detail and provide some evidence and send it to IRCC? Then I only need to wait for IRCC's reply for my case online?

Is it right?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Absolutely, if you can see information online, your application is not lost . Just sign up for tracker and keep tracking your updates. If you didn’t got AOR, you won’t get able to find Application number.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thank you!

i've found the ATIP page as below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

it seems that I can apply online and pay $5 as well. I guess I need to write my issue in detail and provide some evidence and send it to IRCC? Then I only need to wait for IRCC's reply for my case online?

Is it right?
No need to give details about your issue here. The ATIP allows you to access your data from a federal agency, so just ask for your CGMS notes (CGMS is the internal IRCC tool) and you'll get everything that was done on your application.
Also, it's 5$ if you ask through the Access to information Act, but free if you do the same through the Privacy Act, for the exact same report after a month.