+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issuing PR Visa outside of my country of origin (where I applied for PR)

Walid4383

May 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

If all goes according to plan, I should be receiving my COPR by mid January. However I recently moved to Saudi Arabia for work, while I applied for PR with my wife and son from Lebanon.

My wife and son are still in Lebanon. Is it possible for me to apply for a PR Visa from Saudi Arabia while my family does it from Lebanon?

I really appreciate any help in this matter

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Since you have to update IRCC when your address changes, I'm sure you've already told them you're in Saudi Arabia? They should allow you to submit your passport there.

Walid4383

May 22, 2019
Since you have to update IRCC when your address changes, I'm sure you've already told them you're in Saudi Arabia? They should allow you to submit your passport there.
Thank you k.h.p. however i moved after submitting my application. Does this mean i need to update IRCC with the change?
Besides, i don't wish to change my address as my main address is still in Lebanon at home where my family is. I am in KSA only for work.

I would just like to know if it's possible to apply for the PR Visa outside of my country of residence.

Thanks again

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I would just like to know if it's possible to apply for the PR Visa outside of my country of residence.
You *already* applied. There's no need to worry about this. It's possible to get the PR visa and COPR issued from anywhere in the world, regardless of where you initially applied, and even if the rest of your family are in a different country.

How long do you expect to be in Saudi Arabia?

As previously advised, you'll have to inform IRCC of your move, and you can indicate that this is a temporary/secondary mailing address while you are on a work assignment.

Reactions: k.h.p.