+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with CIC

m0m0

Mar 31, 2017
Dear Friends,

I am having a tough time with CIC and their services.

First they returned my application to an incorrect address. The other person informed me about that and sent the back to me.
I didn't receive the 'Discover Canada' booklet and acknowledgement. eCAS was showing my old address which was not mentioned in the application at all, so I thought it was sent there
Then I didn't receive the letter for the citizenship test. Luckily I eCAS was updated, so I called the CIC to get the details.

Now I am facing the worst of all. I called to inquire about my oath ceremony and they are telling that it was scheduled two weeks back and I didn't attend. eCAS still says 'Decision Made' and no other details are available.

Now they are asking me to send a letter to an IRCC office in Scarborough.

I am thinking of talking to my local MP before contacting IRCC.

Any advise friends?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
m0m0 said:
Dear Friends,

I am having a tough time with CIC and their services.

First they returned my application to an incorrect address. The other person informed me about that and sent the back to me.
I didn't receive the 'Discover Canada' booklet and acknowledgement. eCAS was showing my old address which was not mentioned in the application at all, so I thought it was sent there
Then I didn't receive the letter for the citizenship test. Luckily I eCAS was updated, so I called the CIC to get the details.

Now I am facing the worst of all. I called to inquire about my oath ceremony and they are telling that it was scheduled two weeks back and I didn't attend. eCAS still says 'Decision Made' and no other details are available.

Now they are asking me to send a letter to an IRCC office in Scarborough.

I am thinking of talking to my local MP before contacting IRCC.

Any advise friends?
Did you update your current address on e-cas and was it updated?

m0m0

Mar 31, 2017
Yes, I updated as soon as I found acknowledgement was sent incorrectly.

Even today I confirmed with them that they have the correct address.

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Hi !
Which address was showing on ecas ? Was it your old address ? Was your application sent back to old address ?
Did you update it online or you called them to update it?
I m facing similar issues.
Thank you for your help !

m0m0

Mar 31, 2017
In eCAS my old address in India is showing up. Weird thing is, it was not mentioned in the citizenship application at all. I called the call center to update the address and they say it is correct in the file.

Anyway, I raised the issue with our MP and I got a call from IRCC. They are going to reschedule the Ceremony Date, but I may need to wait for another month or so.

Need to wait and see.

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
That is good to know.
I m having an exact same address problem as yours.
Did you update your address with cic call centre or online ?
Was it ever updated online if you updated with cic call centre ?
Because I updated with cic call centre and it never got updated.
It is very frustrating
Thank you for your help

m0m0

Mar 31, 2017
Update the address online, but call the customer care and ensure that it reflects in the file. For me, updated address is not showing up in eCAS, but they are able to read the correct address from the file.

Call them every two week and check if there is any change in the status.

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks. Was your Ecas updates to show that a test date has been scheduled ? It seems like all your letters were mailed to India.