+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

issues due to Bad credit?

Marcus270

Jun 11, 2013
Hello everyone. Due to recession I couldn't work for 2 years which in result trapped me into a bad credit of approximately 15000CAD. As I wasnt able to pay back to bank, I came back to my home country. I stayed 2 years outside the Canada. Now I have arranged 15000 CAD in my home country and I want to go back to Canada to pay back my debt. But it's obvious that I'm considered a bad creditor. My driving license had been expired. and I want to renew my PR Card. All I want to know is that is there any negative impact or any hurdle of bad credit on immigration processes(such as renewal of PR and citizenship acquisition), renewal of driving licence and health card?

And I want to know that do they arrest a person with a bad credit? and I have also heard that they stop health care for a bad creditor and dont renew his/her health card? Is it true or just a rumor?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Much thanks.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will not have any issues. Immigration and bad credit are two separate things

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bad credit would be an immigration issue if it leads to bankruptcy as it prevents sponsorship. If there are any fraud related issues with the credit/ bankruptcy then it would be an inadmissibility issue for both immigration and citizenship applications.