+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Virtual Physiotherapy the right way?

miketom

Aug 25, 2020
Hey everyone! I recently moved to Toronto as part of work before the world went lockdown. Luckily I was able to keep my job, and I’ve been working from home ever since. But long hours of sitting in front of my laptop has caused me with what I believe is hip tightness. This could lead to severe back problems, and I’m not ready to risk my chances with that. But it’s unsafe to go out and go through an in-person physiotherapy session. I searched the internet, and I came across this virtual physiotherapy in Toronto. It says there won’t be any physical massage therapy, but they will analyze my conditions through video chats and suggest remedies that I can follow. These are new to me, and I don’t want to fall prey to any malpractices or frauds. Can anyone help me out explaining the whole process? Is it the right way to do it? Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone! I recently moved to Toronto as part of work before the world went lockdown. Luckily I was able to keep my job, and I’ve been working from home ever since. But long hours of sitting in front of my laptop has caused me with what I believe is hip tightness. This could lead to severe back problems, and I’m not ready to risk my chances with that. But it’s unsafe to go out and go through an in-person physiotherapy session. I searched the internet, and I came across this virtual physiotherapy in Toronto. It says there won’t be any physical massage therapy, but they will analyze my conditions through video chats and suggest remedies that I can follow. These are new to me, and I don’t want to fall prey to any malpractices or frauds. Can anyone help me out explaining the whole process? Is it the right way to do it? Thanks.
You will need a prescription from your family doctor to have any physiotherapy covered by extended benefits. No physiotherapist can really assess you while you are at home. Would look up some stretches you can coat home and get up every half and hour and move around a bit first. You’ll need to at least attend one in person session before you could really move to virtual appointments in my opinion. My physiotherapist office has taken many precautions and I still attended my appointment although I don’t have a virtual option.

Reactions: miketom

miketom

Aug 25, 2020
You will need a prescription from your family doctor to have any physiotherapy covered by extended benefits. No physiotherapist can really assess you while you are at home. Would look up some stretches you can coat home and get up every half and hour and move around a bit first. You’ll need to at least attend one in person session before you could really move to virtual appointments in my opinion. My physiotherapist office has taken many precautions and I still attended my appointment although I don’t have a virtual option.
Hey! Thank you for your response. I tried these home remedies like moving around and occasional stretches. Though I feel better, I'm not completely relieved from it. Anyway, will see:)

medo_sh

Jun 2, 2015
Is virtual physiotherapy real? I have never seen somebody do this. I have back pain and I want to start physio but never heard about virtual physio.

Had somebody good results?

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

Issoufa

Apr 15, 2016
Niger
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
File Transfer...
07-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-10-2019
I haven't heard much about virtual physiotherapy before, but it sounds like an interesting option given the current circumstances. I personally had to deal with neck pain a while back and opted for physical therapy at a clinic in Mississauga. It was a traditional setup, and the hands-on approach really helped me understand my issues and work through them with guided exercises and treatments.

The process was straightforward, with an initial assessment followed by a series of sessions that were tailored to my specific needs. I can see how a virtual format might be challenging without the physical touch, but if they offer video analysis and personalized exercise plans, it could be quite effective. The key is probably finding a reputable provider who can give clear instructions and monitor your progress. For my neck pain treatment in Mississauga, Port Credit, I found the direct interaction invaluable, but I'm open to the idea that virtual sessions could offer a similar benefit, especially under current restrictions.