+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this Job Offer SCAM or Not

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
i had an offer from Royal Orchard hotel in Canada. I contacted the company for the authenticity of the offer which they did confirm. However, i still have this feeling telling me there is something wrong with the offer.
Seriously have you even looked at the ‘hotel’ website https://royalorchardhotels.com/ showing a sea view with palm trees in Edmonton Alberta ?

The website is fake as is the job offer. The website has been cloned from elsewhere

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visa-application-number-dn-fc-adl-24gh2020.676530/

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i had an offer from Royal Orchard hotel in Canada. I contacted the company for the authenticity of the offer which they did confirm. However, i still have this feeling telling me there is something wrong with the offer.
You spoke with scammers.

Sep 18, 2020
I would want to inquire...is it possible for it to be scam if it's the same email and smae contact given in the page??... Have been signing papers for my a job at riley pacific hotel... The same email and phone number that is in the hotel page is the same that communicates... But am now worried because they asked me to pay some certain money for a parcel.. Help

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I would want to inquire...is it possible for it to be scam if it's the same email and smae contact given in the page??... Have been signing papers for my a job at riley pacific hotel... The same email and phone number that is in the hotel page is the same that communicates... But am now worried because they asked me to pay some certain money for a parcel.. Help
Have you even looked at the Riley pacific hotel website or even checked the Toronto address.

There is no hotel at the address on the website and if you check the website you will not find an infinity swimming pool with palm trees in Toronto As shown in the gallery of pictures Often copied from somewhere else

On the website the booking options don’t seem to work and you would also expect third party booking sites to list the hotel but none of them do given the hotel does not exist

it Is a scam do not pay any money or share any documents,

Advice in future if you use a computer then take a few minutes to do basic checks of the pictures on the site, the address in a site such as showmystreet.com and if a hotel look for third party booking sites or reviews such as trip advisor. Basically for a hotel all things you would do if you planned to book.

check the end of this thread for same Riley offer, there are others in the forum

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-pan-pacific-hotel-jobs-scam.590782/#post-8875566

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-a-job-offer-kindly-asses-whether-its-fake-or-orginal.680118/

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Yes it's scam

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It's a scam. I hope you didn't pay them anything.

Maru2

Nov 4, 2020
Hi, I want to ask if it's fake or not. I received an offer and LMIA confirmation number 9774918 with employer ID#946805?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi, I want to ask if it's fake or not. I received an offer and LMIA confirmation number 9774918 with employer ID#946805?
You need to post copy the offer letter as nobody here has access to any IRCC systems. How did you get this offer.

If includes flights, accommodation or food it will be fake

Maru2

Nov 4, 2020
I applied in Indeed job post and then they sent an online interview form then I send it back after 2 weeks they sent a contract and yes free accomodation, food and flight ticket and recently they sent an appointment letter and LMIA with confirmation number 9774918. And upon checking on this site many have the same LMIA number.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I applied in Indeed job post and then they sent an online interview form then I send it back after 2 weeks they sent a contract and yes free accomodation, food and flight ticket and recently they sent an appointment letter and LMIA with confirmation number 9774918. And upon checking on this site many have the same LMIA number.
Well you seem to have answered your question in that is likely a scam.

Employers do not offer flights,accommodation or food and using same number also a major clue.

Scammers rely on the fact that peoples common sense deserts them and that many people just will not spend much time doing any research so they reuse offer letters, set up fake websites and so on. The pandemic is probably giving them a hard time to make money given all the travel restrictions and also the fact that so many people are being laid off it should hopefully become harder for them to be convincing they are offering anything remotely genuine.

Generally any construction,oil,gas,hotel job offers tend to be scams and are all often backed up with fake websites cloned from elsewhere

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/internet-email-telephone.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi can I just as if there is a hotel by d name of grande trinity hotel in Canada?
All hotel job offers are scams. What you received is fake.