+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any chance that the express entry points would go down?

georgekolath

Jul 28, 2014
Hi All,

I am looking forward to apply for the EE pgm from India. As per the 16th draw , it seems candidates above 459 points have been given the permission to proceed further. In such a case, do you see any chances of the points reducing further? I calculated a rough points and i am hitting only 448 as of now.

Please advice.

Thanks,
George

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
georgekolath said:
Hi All,

I am looking forward to apply for the EE pgm from India. As per the 16th draw , it seems candidates above 459 points have been given the permission to proceed further. In such a case, do you see any chances of the points reducing further? I calculated a rough points and i am hitting only 448 as of now.

Please advice.

Thanks,
George
You should submit your profile and you can get a chance to be invited for ontario state pnp.
I myself is at 447 and got one.

maple325

Sep 13, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Doc's Request.
not needed at this time
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
Hi George,

I spoke with an immigration lawyer in July and he said they expected points to go down. How far he didn't say.

Even if points go down, I don't think it's a guarantee that you'll receive an invitation to apply, just because you have more points than the lowest. I've heard of people who had more points than the minimum drawn -- and they were in the pool during the respective draw/s -- and they still didn't receive an invitation. That means officials carefully select whom they invite.

The bright side is, if you have a skill that is in high demand, you're likely to be chosen, even if you have low points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple325 said:
Hi George,

I spoke with an immigration lawyer in July and he said they expected points to go down. How far he didn't say.

Even if points go down, I don't think it's a guarantee that you'll receive an invitation to apply, just because you have more points than the lowest. I've heard of people who had more points than the minimum drawn -- and they were in the pool during the respective draw/s -- and they still didn't receive an invitation. That means officials carefully select whom they invite.

The bright side is, if you have a skill that is in high demand, you're likely to be chosen, even if you have low points.
Incorrect.

If you have a CRS score equal to or higher than the draw cutoff, there are no further criteria. Everyone with a score equal to or more than the particular draw's cutoff will (and does) get an ITA.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple325 said:
I've heard of people who had more points than the minimum drawn -- and they were in the pool during the respective draw/s -- and they still didn't receive an invitation. That means officials carefully select whom they invite.
this only means that those people are geting screwed over by their lawyers and they where not in the pool to begin with

maple325

Sep 13, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Doc's Request.
not needed at this time
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
Thank you for correcting me! You cleared up a misunderstanding I had and that's good news. :)

This makes me wonder even more whether I should follow up on Ontario's PNP invitation. Based on what you say, I would have received an ITA in previous draws, but I wasn't in the pool. Chances are good then that eventually I'll receive an ITA because future draws are likely to go down that far again. What do you think?

Asivad Anac said:
Incorrect.

If you have a CRS score equal to or higher than the draw cutoff, there are no further criteria. Everyone with a score equal to or more than the particular draw's cutoff will (and does) get an ITA.

georgekolath

Jul 28, 2014
rafzy said:
You should submit your profile and you can get a chance to be invited for ontario state pnp.
I myself is at 447 and got one.
Hi Rafzy,

You response is so much soothing :) :) Yes, I will create my profile and let you know how it goes. Btw, can you please let me know how you had applied for OPNP :)

Regards,
George

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
georgekolath said:
Hi Rafzy,

You response is so much soothing :) :) Yes, I will create my profile and let you know how it goes. Btw, can you please let me know how you had applied for OPNP :)

Regards,
George
Will send you message in your inbox with details.

If you have any questions regarding oinp, feel free to message me anytime :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple325 said:
Thank you for correcting me! You cleared up a misunderstanding I had and that's good news. :)

This makes me wonder even more whether I should follow up on Ontario's PNP invitation. Based on what you say, I would have received an ITA in previous draws, but I wasn't in the pool. Chances are good then that eventually I'll receive an ITA because future draws are likely to go down that far again. What do you think?
OINP is essentially an opportunity to buy an ITA for 1500 CAD. But there is also a chance that you will lose that money - I don't think any applicant has reported being rejected by Ontario so far but it is a possibility and you must be prepared for it.

The way I see it, if you have a score of 445-455 and you are not losing points before March/April 2016, you can safely reject the OINP invite because there should be at least 1 draw with a sub-450 cutoff by then. And if you have a score close to 460 or higher, you can definitely reject the invitation because you will get an ITA before this year is over. But that's just my take on the situation. Your call.

georgekolath

Jul 28, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
OINP is essentially an opportunity to buy an ITA for 1500 CAD. But there is also a chance that you will lose that money - I don't think any applicant has reported being rejected by Ontario so far but it is a possibility and you must be prepared for it.

The way I see it, if you have a score of 445-455 and you are not losing points before March/April 2016, you can safely reject the OINP invite because there should be at least 1 draw with a sub-450 cutoff by then. And if you have a score close to 460 or higher, you can definitely reject the invitation because you will get an ITA before this year is over. But that's just my take on the situation. Your call.
Yea I agree, I do see a chance of points been reduced, coz of my age factor. Also, my NOC code is 2173 (IT Software QA). Taking that into consideration isn't Ontario the IT hub of Canada?

Please advice.

georgekolath

Jul 28, 2014
rafzy said:
Will send you message in your inbox with details.

If you have any questions regarding oinp, feel free to message me anytime :)
Looking forward to your message along with the details. My NOC is 2173, so I believe Ontario is the IT hub of Canada isn't it? If not please advice which one is.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Take your gamble. points will or will not go down. EE will or will not exist after the election. But 448 is very close to the "glass floor" of 450 we are observing so it's certainly not a bad bet either.

georgekolath said:
Looking forward to your message along with the details. My NOC is 2173, so I believe Ontario is the IT hub of Canada isn't it? If not please advice which one is.

I'm no IT expert, but try this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-05-22/vancouver-welcomes-tech-companies-hampered-by-u-dot-s-dot-work-visa-caps