+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is OHIP, Driving licence, Lease are valid documents for "Proof of residence"?

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
Hello everyone!
I am applying for a Humanitarian programme where one of the requested fields is "Proof of residence".
It wasn't clear what I expected to provide as "Proof of residence", but I attached my Lease contract, Driving licence, and OHIP card.
The question is - are these documents valid as "Proof of residence"?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone!
I am applying for a Humanitarian programme where one of the requested fields is "Proof of residence".
It wasn't clear what I expected to provide as "Proof of residence", but I attached my Lease contract, Driving licence, and OHIP card.
The question is - are these documents valid as "Proof of residence"?
Thanks
It looks like you are trying to apply for H&C based on not qualifying for EE. It also doesn’t seem like you have been in Canada for an extended amount of time perhaps 2-3 years on a WP is that correct? You are much better off trying to find another way to stay in Canada. It would be a stretch to consider this H&C.

Reactions: T&T2024

alex_tim

Jan 1, 2024
It looks like you are trying to apply for H&C based on not qualifying for EE. It also doesn’t seem like you have been in Canada for an extended amount of time perhaps 2-3 years on a WP is that correct? You are much better off trying to find another way to stay in Canada. It would be a stretch to consider this H&C.
There are actually a few reasons why it has been decided to apply for H&C. There are two questions (if you could clarify):
  1. what do you think about the initial question I posted?
  2. (not related to the initial question) why do you think it would ba a stretch to consider this H&C?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are actually a few reasons why it has been decided to apply for H&C. There are two questions (if you could clarify):
  1. what do you think about the initial question I posted?
  2. (not related to the initial question) why do you think it would ba a stretch to consider this H&C?
Thanks
IRCC website provides a list of what is considered proof of residence. Not having a high enough CRS score is not an H&C issue. There are many people who are not easily qualifying for PR at the moment. There is no guarantee that a person will get PR if coming to work or study in Canada. If you have been studying/working for 10-15 years in Canada you have a much stronger argument that you have established a life in Canada and should be considered for H&C and that returning to your home country would be very difficult but after a few years in Canada you don’t have the same ties to Canada.