+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is NNAS the first step to register in Canada?

confusedlad

Apr 4, 2015
please help me clarify my thoughts.. I just have some issues before I could finally click the payment option in registering nnas? First question is, can I register now even if I'm still here in the Philippines? I receive my immigrant visa but I'm still planning to go to Canada by January..
2nd question is,, is having a masteral degree in nursing here in the Philippines really count? Will it lessen my schooling period in the Canada if ever?
3rd question, I have almost 5years experience as a staff nurse both here in the Philippines and Saudi Arabia, do u guys have any idea how much time do I need to spend more in schooling in Canada I'd ever? Thanks guys hope u could help me with these..

Eann

Aug 19, 2011
Hello there! You can send an email to NNAS to ask about your situation, if they will allow you to start your application in the Phil. Inform them that you have your permanent residency visa. They are accomodating to questions and concerns regarding nnas process.
As to your 2nd and 3rd question, NNAS results is very much unpredictable with regards to education and experience. As an international educated nurse in the Phil, the curriculum is different and education is more comparable to the US standard. But in the end, the decision will be done the college of nursing you will be applying. They usually conduct an assessment exam to determine if you need to undergo some bridging course and how many subject you need to take. Hope this helps.