+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is LMO/Work Permit possible for Filipinos on tourist visa?

oakley21

Jun 13, 2012
wsongco said:
did you call CIC? for sure other people done this. would you mind if i ask what type of job are you applying? and did you do your medical before you came here as a tourist?

if you need medical maybe you can do it here in canada and submit it together with your application and which province are you now?
I didnt have any idea that there would be employers who will be interested to hire me. Im in Alberta right now. Well, i just applied for a blue-collar job in a restaurant. Do you think it will be possible for me?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Others have completed all the requirements before sending to a consulate/visa office outside Canada. Once you have a positive LMO find a DMP close to your place of residence and see if they'll do a medical. Bring your passport as Identification. How many more months have you left on your allowed visit? Has there been advertising/recruitment efforts and no Canadian citizen or PR applied? Have you signed a contract? Has a LMO been applied for in your favour?

oakley21 said:
I didnt have any idea that there would be employers who will be interested to hire me. Im in Alberta right now. Well, i just applied for a blue-collar job in a restaurant. Do you think it will be possible for me?

oakley21

Jun 13, 2012
job_seeker said:
Others have completed all the requirements before sending to a consulate/visa office outside Canada. Once you have a positive LMO find a DMP close to your place of residence and see if they'll do a medical. Bring your passport as Identification. How many more months have you left on your allowed visit? Has there been advertising/recruitment efforts and no Canadian citizen or PR applied? Have you signed a contract? Has a LMO been applied for in your favour?
thanks for the feedback...

1. Which consulate/visa office can I apply?
2. What are the requirements are you referring to?
3. DMP?
4. Yep. Advertising/recruitment were already done. The employer is not new with the LMO process however, he is just hesitant that I might get refused a working visa

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
1. LA/NYC
2. LMO, COE or anything that will prove you qualify for the job, etc

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

3. Designated Medical Practitioner (check fro the CIC website the list of DMPs close to where you're staying)
4. And no Canadian Citizen or PR qualified? No guarantees as to the result of the LMO/WP application

How long a stay do you have left?

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
I have an almost similar question, if you are on a tourist visa in the U.S.A. and have a positive lmo to work in Canada, can you apply in the port of entry for the work permit? I have this link that in my interpretation seems that way.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/visas/work-who_qui-travailler.aspx?view=d

Thanks and hope for a reply from our hero members.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you are from a country that needs visa to enter Canada then you need to apply for a visa/WP at a visa/consulate outside Canada. Once you have the visa, you can pick up your WP at a POE.

benchioa said:
I have an almost similar question, if you are on a tourist visa in the U.S.A. and have a positive lmo to work in Canada, can you apply in the port of entry for the work permit? I have this link that in my interpretation seems that way.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/visas/work-who_qui-travailler.aspx?view=d

Thanks and hope for a reply from our hero members.

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Thanks Job_seeker, I also want to clarify. Can a U.S. tourist visa be considered legally admitted in to the U.S.A.? Because it would be better to apply for visa in the U.S. than back in the Philippines which have a longer waiting time.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Where in the US are you now? WPs are processed at NYC and LA. Looks like the visa offices close to Canada have stopped accepting WP/TRV_W :)

benchioa said:
Thanks Job_seeker, I also want to clarify. Can a U.S. tourist visa be considered legally admitted in to the U.S.A.? Because it would be better to apply for visa in the U.S. than back in the Philippines which have a longer waiting time.

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Job_Seeker,

This is actually for my friend who is currently in Chicago on a U.S. tourist visa. I read it in the website that he should apply in the New York Consulate. Thanks again.