+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is LMIA required for Retail Store Manager/Supervisor

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hello everyone,

Actually I just wanted to confirm that is LMIA required to be carry out for the post of Retail Store Manager/Supervisor in Canada??

I have been approached by a Consultant who is assisting me with job opportunity for the above mentioned profile. The first procedure they told me was to carry out LMIA with all my educational and work experience documented.

I am waiting and welcoming your answers and suggestions regarding the same since I am new to this things.

Thanks

Feb 5, 2019
with respect,
i am looking a consultant or agency who provide me a job offer with LMIA so that I will come to Canada for work. Currently, i am working IN Kuwait Arifjan Camp with US army, as an admin assistant. Pls help me or advise how I will do this

Thanks & regards

Manjeet Sharma
C :- +96596018568
what app :- +96598758461
e-mail: manjetarman0786@gmail.com

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

Actually I just wanted to confirm that is LMIA required to be carry out for the post of Retail Store Manager/Supervisor in Canada??

I have been approached by a Consultant who is assisting me with job opportunity for the above mentioned profile. The first procedure they told me was to carry out LMIA with all my educational and work experience documented.

I am waiting and welcoming your answers and suggestions regarding the same since I am new to this things.

Thanks
Others can comment but would think for such a job almost certain would need an approved LMIA. Only an employer can apply for an LMIA after paying the 1000 CDN fee and advertising the role for a few months to ensure no resident is available. You say the consultant approached you, not saying they are not genuine but just be wary of parting with any cash if anything they say sounds too good to be true. A consultant cannot influence any immigration application.

Note that most employers are reluctant to follow through an LMIA application given the cost and effort required so almost impossible to get a result for anyone outside of Canada especially in retail where there are probably a surplus of people already in Canada looking for jobs.

Has the consultant mentioned any specific employer such as Walmart or Canadian Tire for example.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Yes - the employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA before you can apply for a work permit.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Others can comment but would think for such a job almost certain would need an approved LMIA. Only an employer can apply for an LMIA after paying the 1000 CDN fee and advertising the role for a few months to ensure no resident is available. You say the consultant approached you, not saying they are not genuine but just be wary of parting with any cash if anything they say sounds too good to be true. A consultant cannot influence any immigration application.

Note that most employers are reluctant to follow through an LMIA application given the cost and effort required so almost impossible to get a result for anyone outside of Canada especially in retail where there are probably a surplus of people already in Canada looking for jobs.

Has the consultant mentioned any specific employer such as Walmart or Canadian Tire for example.
Thanks dear,

No the consultant has not named anything about the Employer's name and all

So what should be done?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..