+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is It worth it, changing My Address Now?

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Hi all,

I'm a June 2019 applicant (Hamilton, ON), got my citizenship test done on March, 5th 2020. I moved to Burnaby BC, for a new job.
My question is should I change my mailing address and get my file transferred to BC, or just wait for now since ceremonies are conducted virtually for time being anyway.

I don't want to get my file transferred and get caught up in the middle of this pandemic, who knows I may get a phone call from CIC any moment and get invited to a ceremony.
Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
you dont usually get a new job everyday, my suggestion would be grab the opportunity even if it takes you 6 more months for the oath due to address change (which i doubt), you are in Canada anyways.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I’d change it, who knows what the future holds and you don’t want IRCC to think something is amiss given the two addresses are quite a way apart.

I mean, way it’s looking BC could be back to normal oaths well before ON too. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Paoloartois

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
You should definitely change your address and as my fellow writer told You before BC might be doing ceremonies faster than Ontario. Let us know any update because I might be on the same boat in September. So far no test no interview and no ceremony process yet September 2019 here.

Isaga

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Thank you guys for your comments, really appreciate it.
I'll change my address online and hope for the best.