+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to apply for CEC when only 1 month work visa is left

Ninfo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi,

Could anyone please confirm the possibility.

My 12 months of work experience will complete in November 2014 and my PGWP will expire in December. Is it possible for me to apply for CEC and how would my status be legal during that time ?

Any suggestions for me in this situation ?

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Hey you can apply for your PR under CEC even though you will only have 1 month left on your work permit. Depending on how long it takes for you to get AOR, you may be eligible to apply for a BOWP(Bridge Open Work Permit). If you don't get your AOR before the expiry of your current WP, you can apply even the day before your current WP expires for a BOWP online and just hope that by the time CIC looks at your BOWP application your AOR has been issued. If this happens, you will be under implied status until CIC makes a decision on your BOWP. I've seen others apply for BOWP via paper based application which can buy you time in terms of the AOR being issued before they process your BOWP application. It takes longer to process paper applications, so if your employer is cool with you being under implied status for a while then it will be okay. Keep in mind if you choose the paper route, you should submit your application like a week before your current WP expires. If all of this fails and you want to stay in Canada during the processing of your PR, you can apply to stay as a visitor.

Ninfo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Thanks a ton guys. I really appreciate these valuable answers. You guys helped me to release some of my stress.

Thank you so much again.

Ninfo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
One more question.

If job is a contract job but I am on recruitment agency payroll, My experience will be eligible for CEC ?