+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it necessary that sponsor has to be in canada for spouse visa application

Iqbalkhan7

Mar 19, 2024
I am planning to apply for spouse visa as a principal applicant. I just wanted to know is it necessary that my spouse has to be in canada once i file my application.She is a canadian citizen.We were planning to travel back to canada together after getting my spouse visa regardless of process time.

thatstupiddeer

Jan 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
AOR Received.
05-01-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2023
Med's Done....
24-01-2023
Passport Req..
26-02-2024
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2024
Since she is a Canadian citizen, she can apply to sponsor you even if she's not currently in Canada, but she will need to show proof that you and her will be living in Canada once you become a PR.

Iqbalkhan7

Mar 19, 2024
Thankful for your response, what supporting documents would be required to justify our plan of moving to canada once i get my PR.

thatstupiddeer

Jan 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
AOR Received.
05-01-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2023
Med's Done....
24-01-2023
Passport Req..
26-02-2024
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2024
Thankful for your response, what supporting documents would be required to justify our plan of moving to canada once i get my PR.
Show records of job searches, searches for housing (such as emails from potential jobs/landlords/realtors), letters of support from family & friends to show that they are aware of your plans to move to Canada (mostly from your wife's side, as she is the sponsor). She can also open a deposit only account with a Canadian bank, if she doesn't have an existing account with one currently, and show proof of that to show that she is putting money down for your eventual life in Canada together.

Reactions: Iqbalkhan7

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am planning to apply for spouse visa as a principal applicant. I just wanted to know is it necessary that my spouse has to be in canada once i file my application.She is a canadian citizen.We were planning to travel back to canada together after getting my spouse visa regardless of process time.
Just to clarify the process. Your Canadian spouse is supposed to sponsor you and file the application. You would be the principle applicant.
When filling in the forms, make sure that you are clear whom the form is for (some as sponsor, some are for PA).
Different communication will be directed to sponsor and PA. And it's not called spouse visa. It's being sponsored under Family Class to become permeant resident (PR). The correct terminologies will help you to do further research or online searching.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ponga