+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS requirement is mandatory for a student who has done Master from UK?

Archit20011

Apr 14, 2013
Hi Dear,

I did my master from UK one year back and my old IELTS score has been expired in which I secured 7.5.

I have a question is it mandatory to give IELTS for Immigration in Canada or it can be waived on the basis or previous qualification in English speaking country? :)

I consulted one immigration adviser in London and he said I can go without giving IELTS and will be getting full points on the basis of my Master degree from UK Universities.

I am bit confused with his statement hence would like to know the reality.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You haven't said what you are applying for so it's difficult to provide an accurate answer.

Assuming you are applying to immigrate through the federal skilled worker program, CEC or one of the provincial programs, IELTS is mandatory for all applicants. The IELTS results must also be valid (no more than two years old). No IELTS results = application automatically returned unprocessed.

It used to be possible to bypass the IELTS requirement but this is no longer possible. I would recommend you stay far away from the immigration adviser in London who advised you otherwise. He/she is obviously not up to date on the rules (this particular rule changed quite some time ago) and should not be advising people on immigration matters.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Archit20011 said:
Hi Dear,

I did my master from UK one year back and my old IELTS score has been expired in which I secured 7.5.

I have a question is it mandatory to give IELTS for Immigration in Canada or it can be waived on the basis or previous qualification in English speaking country? :)

I consulted one immigration adviser in London and he said I can go without giving IELTS and will be getting full points on the basis of my Master degree from UK Universities.

I am bit confused with his statement hence would like to know the reality.
It doesn't matter if you are from the UK, United States, Australia..etc, if you are intending to apply for immigration to Canada, you must take IELTS. It's mandatory for all types of immigration to Canada.

Archit20011

Apr 14, 2013
You guys rock !!

Since last two days my consultant was forcing me to pay the registration fee but I wanted to clear really IELTS matter or not.

I don't mind to give IELTS again but wondering how people can cheat others just for 500 pounds 8) If they are professional then they should be upto date with all the details.

Thanks to both of you Scylla and Johnny . I hope you guys will not mind to be bothered again through this forum.