+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is doing a PG diploma after masters a bad idea.

Mxuri21

Oct 19, 2021
So i have completed my integrated masters in animation from calcutta university in 2021 and willing to apply for pg diploma in technical arts in 2023 semester in BCIT. The technical arts course is not available anywhere in india and there are not many qualified technical artists in india. I think this course will greatly improve my carrier prospects.

Is this a good idea or will this result in visa rejection. I dont want phd as thats completeley useless for my carrier path

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
So i have completed my integrated masters in animation from calcutta university in 2021 and willing to apply for pg diploma in technical arts in 2023 semester in BCIT. The technical arts course is not available anywhere in india and there are not many qualified technical artists in india. I think this course will greatly improve my carrier prospects.

Is this a good idea or will this result in visa rejection. I dont want phd as thats completeley useless for my carrier path

Hello Mxuri21,

The paramountcy to demonstrate a study progression can not be downplayed as it is the first factor in being able to show a genuine intent to study.

As a Master's graduate, the VO will be hoping that you opt for a Ph.D. study unless there is an obvious reason that can be convincingly justified, then a second Master could be considered. Going for a PGD may not be advised after a Master's study, but it is not impossible to secure approval with it.

Some past applicants who were once in the same situation were successful in going for a PGD after a Master. However, before making such a decision, assess your personal situation and if you cannot justify your reasons or intent, go for a second Master if a Ph.D. is not in sight for now. The most important thing is justification, conviction, and clear/genuine intent demonstration. In the case you need professional assistance with your SOP writing, check with GCMSWriters.com or reach them on Instagram/Twitter/Telegram: @GCMSWriters

– JS

Mxuri21

Oct 19, 2021
Hello Mxuri21,

The paramountcy to demonstrate a study progression can not be downplayed as it is the first factor in being able to show a genuine intent to study.

As a Master's graduate, the VO will be hoping that you opt for a Ph.D. study unless there is an obvious reason that can be convincingly justified, then a second Master could be considered. Going for a PGD may not be advised after a Master's study, but it is not impossible to secure approval with it.

Some past applicants who were once in the same situation were successful in going for a PGD after a Master. However, before making such a decision, assess your personal situation and if you cannot justify your reasons or intent, go for a second Master if a Ph.D. is not in sight for now. The most important thing is justification, conviction, and clear/genuine intent demonstration. In the case you need professional assistance with your SOP writing, check with GCMSWriters.com or reach them on Instagram/Twitter/Telegram: @GCMSWriters

– JS
okay then what if i decide to get a MFA AFTER MY Msc. In simmillar field.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021

In real life, absolutely not as chances are you want a change in career or want to explore in a specific area of your field of work. However, for IRCC this is considered a red flag and you would be most likely handed a rejection stating they feel you are using the study route for immigration purposes.