+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CSQ needed when crossing the border?

captqc

Jan 17, 2021
I'm a citizen of Quebec, Canada and my wife is American (still living in the US). We applied for my wife to come live in Quebec through the Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse).

We followed all of the steps and were required to get her a CSQ. Once it was accepted, we were told it was automatically sent to Canada Immigration and I received the physical CSQ letter at my address in Quebec. Once her application is accepted on the Canadian side, will she need it when crossing the border to move in with me? Or is it only going to be needed after she has arrived in Quebec to apply to the RAMQ and other services?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I'm a citizen of Quebec, Canada and my wife is American (still living in the US). We applied for my wife to come live in Quebec through the Family Class Sponsorship Application (Spouse).

We followed all of the steps and were required to get her a CSQ. Once it was accepted, we were told it was automatically sent to Canada Immigration and I received the physical CSQ letter at my address in Quebec. Once her application is accepted on the Canadian side, will she need it when crossing the border to move in with me? Or is it only going to be needed after she has arrived in Quebec to apply to the RAMQ and other services?
Yes and at border you need the original one

CSQ is a document that is asked a lot in Quebec for doing applications. Pretty much all that is provincial side. French class MIFI, RAMQ and so on.