+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is birth certificate mandatory

Jan 5, 2018
Hi All,

We are currently working in the US for past 4 years. Wish to apply for PR to move to Canada. We qualify for FSW program.

I and our daughter has our birth certificates however my husband does not have his birth certificate.
We have all other supporting documents to qualify for the FSW program.

Please let us know what are our options in this case.

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
If your personalized checklist asks for a birth certificate for each individual, then you will have to. Otherwise, it is only required to prove dependent child/children's relationship to parent.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Copy of birth certificate or other equivalent document
Purpose
To prove the dependent children’s relationship to the parents

Document requirements
  • This document is required only if the applicant identifies dependent children.
  • The document must be one of the following:
    • birth certificate;
    • equivalent document from the birth country; or
    • letter of explanation (where no birth certificate is available in the country).
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • All the dependent children, including non-accompanying

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I’m in the process of uploading my documents and they only asked for my daughter birth certificate and not for myself and my wife.

Things can change so why don’t he apply for one earlier rather than later?

grattan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi All,

We are currently working in the US for past 4 years. Wish to apply for PR to move to Canada. We qualify for FSW program.

I and our daughter has our birth certificates however my husband does not have his birth certificate.
We have all other supporting documents to qualify for the FSW program.

Please let us know what are our options in this case.

hi

i hope that you will get Canada PR now. please clear one thing is it mandatory of birth certificate for main applicant and spouse also.

i want to apply Canada PR (paper based file) i & my spouse have no birth certificates but our children's have their birth certificate.

please clear that is it mandatory or only need for dependent.

with regards

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
hi

i hope that you will get Canada PR now. please clear one thing is it mandatory of birth certificate for main applicant and spouse also.

i want to apply Canada PR (paper based file) i & my spouse have no birth certificates but our children's have their birth certificate.

please clear that is it mandatory or only need for dependent.

with regards
Did you get any reply