+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is anyone sponsering his spouse from Egypt?

Mary Shokr

Jul 8, 2020
Hi everyone
I m sponsering my Husband from August 2019 and he did everything
bio , medical And recieved the letter of entry servicd , in March 6 they asked for prove of my residency here i sent them and we did not hear anything yet ?
Is anyone same case here ?

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Hi everyone
bio , medical And recieved the letter of entry servicd , in March 6 they asked for prove of my residency here i sent them and we did not hear anything yet ?
In general because of COVID 19 seems that IRCC is facing a serious slowdown processing applications. For instance new applications received in March, April, May and June didn't even got the AOR. I think until they find a way to return to offices whether in Canada or abroad things will start moving again. Or alternatively finding a way to process applications more efficiently while working from home. Did you try to contact the Embassy in Cairo?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone
Have you been living in Canada since you applied for sponsorship? Are you a PR?

Mary Shokr

Jul 8, 2020
In general because of COVID 19 seems that IRCC is facing a serious slowdown processing applications. For instance new applications received in March, April, May and June didn't even got the AOR. I think until they find a way to return to offices whether in Canada or abroad things will start moving again. Or alternatively finding a way to process applications more efficiently while working from home. Did you try to contact the Embassy in Cairo?
Yes i tried but they said all on hold because of Covid 19

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
I am living in Canada and I applied to sponsor my wife who lives in Egypt in august 2019. march 11 I got a passport request. however by march 16 when I prepared the photos and everything the VAC said the embassy instructed them to stop receiving passports. its been close to 4 months now. the embassy now says only people who received the passport request after April 15 should send the passport. I think they are lying according to me research no one received any passport request after march 30th. so I am thinking of throwing the ball and their court and just sending the passport to se what they will do.

Mary Shokr

Jul 8, 2020
I am living in Canada and I applied to sponsor my wife who lives in Egypt in august 2019. march 11 I got a passport request. however by march 16 when I prepared the photos and everything the VAC said the embassy instructed them to stop receiving passports. its been close to 4 months now. the embassy now says only people who received the passport request after April 15 should send the passport. I think they are lying according to me research no one received any passport request after march 30th. so I am thinking of throwing the ball and their court and just sending the passport to se what they will do.
We didn't hear anything from them yet