+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is anyone in a similar situation to me? UK Canada Kenya

DunnDeal

Jan 16, 2010
Hello Everyone!

My partner and I have been living in the UK for 10 years. I am a Canadian citizen and she is Kenyan. We have been living together for 1 year and 6 months. We applied for her Canadian PR as common-law in January 2010 and sent it to Mississauga to be processed. She is leaving for Kenya January 30th and I will be meeting her in Kenya April 2010. She has her police reports for the UK (which we sent with the application), but she is still waiting for the FBI ones (as she spent a year in New York for her UK University course). We did not send the FBI report with the application and sent a letter explaining why as we are still waiting for them to arrive and will be able to show them at the Nairobi office where the application is being processed. Since we sent the application, we have decided to get married in Kenya. I would like to know if anyone is in a similar situation so I can compare timelines? It looks like I will be living in Kenya for as long as this process takes which could be up to 15 months. I haven't heard from CIC Mississauga yet about me being able sponsor to her.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!!!! :D