+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is anyone going in the court of law against MIDI?

kaka4011

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Hello,

As many of us are effecting with the new changes, so we should do some thing. we have won the race among the thousands of applicant to get a position in top 10000. We have paid money and waiting since more than 7 months. Now MIDI has changed the rules after collecting money and wasting of our time. It is just a fraud nothing else. Applicants should go to the court of law. Please raise your voice.

Regards,

montreal06@

Star Member
Sep 16, 2016
kaka4011 said:
Hello,

As many of us are effecting with the new changes, so we should do some thing. we have won the race among the thousands of applicant to get a position in top 10000. We have paid money and waiting since more than 7 months. Now MIDI has changed the rules after collecting money and wasting of our time. It is just a fraud nothing else. Applicants should go to the court of law. Please raise your voice.

Regards,
your right,now we are waiting for MIDI final decision.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
montreal06@ said:
your right,now we are waiting for MIDI final decision.
Final Decision means! Anyone challenge MIDI rule at court? If you see my timeline, I'm waiting from July-2014, all most three year, and I'm effected two times, one at 2015 AOT Change, and another at 2017 pass mark change.

kaka4011

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
rabeya84 said:
Final Decision means! Anyone challenge MIDI rule at court? If you see my timeline, I'm waiting from July-2014, all most three year, and I'm effected two times, one at 2015 AOT Change, and another at 2017 pass mark change.
I have come to know that in 2015 a Russian girl has won the case from the court in the similar situation. I am sure that people residing in Quebec will go to court against MIDI and can win very easily.

senuju

Mar 8, 2017
Yes,some of our affected applicants already mentioned in this forum,that they have got legal actions.let's wait with a hope.we all should be keep in touch with MIDI's next step.

montreal06@

Star Member
Sep 16, 2016
senuju said:
Yes,some of our affected applicants already mentioned in this forum,that they have got legal actions.let's wait with a hope.we all should be keep in touch with MIDI's next step.
if MIDI implemented the rule so we all should go to court instead some applicants because,we all in one team.

senuju

Mar 8, 2017
montreal06@ said:
if MIDI implemented the rule so we all should go to court instead some applicants because,we all in one team.
Yes.that's quite good idea.it's better if some inland applicants give us their support by let us knowing the latest updates of MIDI and their next steps.becoz they can find easily what's going on inside the country very well than assuming.so then we can get a clear idea and decide our next levels as a one team.so hopefully some inland applicants will help on this.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kaka4011 said:
I have come to know that in 2015 a Russian girl has won the case from the court in the similar situation. I am sure that people residing in Quebec will go to court against MIDI and can win very easily.
That was different case, In her check list it was written that application will be treated as the rule when it was applied. After that this clues is eliminated from check list.

arupengr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Doc's Request.
TBD
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
IELTS Request
NA
Is there any update or action items for this week to roll back new rules.
Seems all activities and steps are suddenly stopped.

We should move together.

kaka4011

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
rabeya84 said:
That was different case, In her check list it was written that application will be treated as the rule when it was applied. After that this clues is eliminated from check list.
It may be a different case, but don't you think that it is a clear fraud. Some one defines some rules and then invite applications under those rules, people applied and paid fees and suddenly rules change and you are asked that your applications will be assessed under new rules. Many applicants cannot fulfill the criteria under new rules and disqualify, what is that?

any comment please.

lliam1996

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
It was a totally different case. In that russian girl's case, her document checklist has a line stating:“Your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.” She won because MIDI violated the principle of promissory estoppel.

Her case on CanLII - http://www.canlii.org/fr/qc/qccs/doc/2015/2015qccs1769/2015qccs1769.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAOMjAxNSBRQ0NTIDE3NjkAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=1

I consider immigration is a privilege rather than something like doing a price match at Walmart. All rules are written in law which MIDI has the most discretion to do everything they want. Not to mention that this wasn't even the first time they did this. They did failed once, but after that case, they took out that line and make every possible wording to fit what they want most. I think 700$ is not a bad lesson for everyone think immigration process is like winning a ticket to heaven which Canada wasn't close to that.

I am also affected by this. The only thing I would advise is to learn french as fast as you could. Otherwise, better look away. The french here is very tough to get along. Good Luck for everyone!

montreal06@

Star Member
Sep 16, 2016
kaka4011 said:
It may be a different case, but don't you think that it is a clear fraud. Some one defines some rules and then invite applications under those rules, people applied and paid fees and suddenly rules change and you are asked that your applications will be assessed under new rules. Many applicants cannot fulfill the criteria under new rules and disqualify, what is that?

any comment please.
yes its different case.but when we applied that time we all need 49 for single and 57 for spouse.we paid on that condition.if that time MIDI announced new rules so we all saved our time and money , but now present time its fraud.more of applicants waiting 2 and half years and crossed age limit(35).midi cannot dark their future.we should fight for our rights.