+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is all work experience in EE profile mandatory

Tamara165g

May 5, 2023
What's up with not providing docs at all? If you hide positions, you'll have explain gaps - if there are unexplained gaps of a TRV (I mean, what were you even doing in Canada at that time?) - wouldn't that trigger a Schedule A? How is saying "I was doing nothing between ABC-XYZ date" better than not providing the documentation? Because you'll have to lie or write something that's obviously not true in your personal history to cover this.

Don't make it complicated. Keep it simple. We all have multiple positions under an employer and it isn't too hard to show them.
You didn’t understand my question I don’t have Canadian work experience, I am looking to claim for my current role only but not my previously ones at the same employer. I have no intentions of hiding anything. All my employment history will be provided in the 10 years employment section.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You didn’t understand my question I don’t have Canadian work experience, I am looking to claim for my current role only but not my previously ones at the same employer. I have no intentions of hiding anything. All my employment history will be provided in the 10 years employment section.
ah, sometimes things blend over while responding in the same thread. Okay, in that case, you are going to ask the employer for a reference letter anyways, might as well add those previous positions at the same employer. I did it too. You won't need multiple letters either. I'd a single letter that mentioned all positions and responsibilities.

Tamara165g

May 5, 2023
ah, sometimes things blend over while responding in the same thread. Okay, in that case, you are going to ask the employer for a reference letter anyways, might as well add those previous positions at the same employer. I did it too. You won't need multiple letters either. I'd a single letter that mentioned all positions and responsibilities.
That makes sense, I'll just request one letter (it's going to be long adding current and previous duties and responsibilities). The reason I didn't want to claim for my pervious roles is because I was working under a form of flexible contract and I don't need the hassle of working out the hours (I estimate that the average hours out would be equivalent to the full time hours). I worked for the same company for 2 years and 3 months into the first contract I was redeployed to another team which ultimately open up the door for present position. It would be very difficult to proved my actually duties for my first role because I spend majority of that contract doing something complete different.

jiki007

Mar 24, 2023
Hi
I received my ITA under FSW through my foreign work experience. I became eligible for CEC one month after receiving ITA.

Should I include my Canadian work experience in my employment history section, or include my foreign experience only and then put my Canadian experience under personal activity?

Is including additional work experience after ITA an issue? It would increase my CRS by 40 points.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi
I received my ITA under FSW through my foreign work experience. I became eligible for CEC one month after receiving ITA.

Should I include my Canadian work experience in my employment history section, or include my foreign experience only and then put my Canadian experience under personal activity?

Is including additional work experience after ITA an issue? It would increase my CRS by 40 points.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
No, including additional experience won't cause an issue. Your eligibility is assessed by comparing it against the minimum cutoff score. My CRS was higher post ITA too, and it is pretty common to happen.

jiki007

Mar 24, 2023
No, including additional experience won't cause an issue. Your eligibility is assessed by comparing it against the minimum cutoff score. My CRS was higher post ITA too, and it is pretty common to happen.
Thanks, was your additional work experience the same NOC code with your work history you registered pre-ITA?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks, was your additional work experience the same NOC code with your work history you registered pre-ITA?
No my case was different. My spouse gave IELTS(on the same day we got the ITA :D) that we added later. Your eligibility would be assessed against the minimum cutoff for the draw.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
No my case was different. My spouse gave IELTS(on the same day we got the ITA :D) that we added later. Your eligibility would be assessed against the minimum cutoff for the draw.
Hi @iSaidGoodDay , quick question please.. I had listed all my work experiences in my EE profile, and now I'm only claiming 3 of them, all outside of Canada. I'll move the unclaimed jobs to personal history, but should I attach an LOE explaining the fact & reason why I moved them?
Same for spouse, should I add an LOE saying I moved his work experience cuz it's unclaimed and doesn't add any CRS points?

Thanks so much!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi @iSaidGoodDay , quick question please.. I had listed all my work experiences in my EE profile, and now I'm only claiming 3 of them, all outside of Canada. I'll move the unclaimed jobs to personal history, but should I attach an LOE explaining the fact & reason why I moved them?
Same for spouse, should I add an LOE saying I moved his work experience cuz it's unclaimed and doesn't add any CRS points?

Thanks so much!
About your spouse, add everything to personal history. I never added any of my spouse's work exp under work exp.

Add a LOE for yours.

Reactions: hiato

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Thanks! Do you think it's
About your spouse, add everything to personal history. I never added any of my spouse's work exp under work exp.

Add a LOE for yours.
Thanks! Do you think it's better to have 1 giant LOE or add a cover letter/LOE for each section when explanation is needed?

I'm asking cuz part of my self employment proof is the payments received from clients.. I'm claiming 4 years of work.. should I add the full bank statements or just random samples or only the pages that show the inwards transfers? Cuz full statement is like 150+ pages

purplepoptart

Jan 23, 2024
Hi, late to the party. Similar question what if I work for 4 years but can only get an appropriate letter for 3 years (same position) because of new company policy (saved an old letter at 3 year point). Can I claim only 3 years?