+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC split group citizenship application without notice - Oath invitation received for wife only - request postponement?

Mar 13, 2023
My wife and I submitted our group application for citizenship Dec 2022. She was invited for test Feb 2023, I was invited Dec 2023. Her whole profile completed green today with an invitation to her Oath ceremony in person Feb 27th, while my profile remains all "In progress" except for Background.

We applied as a group per IRCC instructions so we could take oaths together, but we're well aware of the admin nightmares and privilege of achieving citizenship, so the sentimental comes second to the practical.

IRCC have not informed us that our application was being split, their call centre can only confirm that my test has been completed and passed despite the tracker not showing. They cannot account for why the split has happened. March 11th will be 15 months+ since we submitted.

Anyone have any similar situation or advice on how to proceed?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My wife and I submitted our group application for citizenship Dec 2022. She was invited for test Feb 2023, I was invited Dec 2023. Her whole profile completed green today with an invitation to her Oath ceremony in person Feb 27th, while my profile remains all "In progress" except for Background.

We applied as a group per IRCC instructions so we could take oaths together, but we're well aware of the admin nightmares and privilege of achieving citizenship, so the sentimental comes second to the practical.

IRCC have not informed us that our application was being split, their call centre can only confirm that my test has been completed and passed despite the tracker not showing. They cannot account for why the split has happened. March 11th will be 15 months+ since we submitted.

Anyone have any similar situation or advice on how to proceed?
With paper application, IRCC would seek approval if they want to split. But with online group application they seem to be doing it without approval. Seen such cases mostly with spousal group application where husband is stuck but wife gets oath. Most seem to go with the flow and get over with whoever gets the oath first.