+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal Email SCAM OR NOT?

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
Hello,

I recently received an email from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca regarding the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. It asks for personal details like eye color and height, UCI (Unique Client Identifier), original entry date, last entry date, and last entry place. While the email address appears to be genuine, the unusual spacing and excessive use of stars in the email body raise some doubts.

The subject line:
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal / IRCC Portail de la confirmation de résidence permanente – (my personal application number)
The email says:

Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document. ***Montreal IRCC***

;

Bienvenue au processus du portail de confirmation de la résidence permanente. Le fichier PDF ci-joint contient des renseignements et des instructions sur le traitement du portail de confirmation pour votre révision. Une fois que vous avez révisé le document, cliquez sur Répondre pour envoyer les renseignements demandés dans le document. ***Montréal IRCC***

I haven't received any prior notification about this process in the portal, which adds to my uncertainty. Does anyone know if it's legit?

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Just for a future reference, anything after the "@" is what you check to know if something is a scam or not.
In this case, after the "@" it comes the address "cic.gc.ca" and if you type that in or Google it you will see that it is the official Immigration website, meaning it is a legitimate email.
Congratulations on the portal invite :)

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
Just for a future reference, anything after the "@" is what you check to know if something is a scam or not.
In this case, after the "@" it comes the address "cic.gc.ca" and if you type that in or Google it you will see that it is the official Immigration website, meaning it is a legitimate email.
Congratulations on the portal invite :)
That's great, thank you!