+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Landing Processing After Webform Submission

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello everyone! I would like to share a case, published on June 17th, from other Canada immigration forums, which reported that their COPRs and first landing was somehow 'virtually' processed by IRCC after they submitted the Webform that had communicated that they could not do the first landing before the COPR deadline, due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions. So, in their case, without physically travelling to Canada, the COPR was processed and deemed as 'signed' - what we would be required to do to complete the first landing. Their landing and COPR processing was confirmed by an official email from IRCC, and their processed COPR is valid for a year. PR Cards will be subject to separate application.

I am wondering if anyone in this forum heard anything similar?? Not sure if it is some new protocols IRCC just recently puts in place, to handle the growing number of Webforms submission, as I can only imagine.

I am an H-1B in the US and have a COPR deadline on Aug. 8th. While my COPR was approved before Mar. 18th, 2020 and thus I can do landing, with the looming President Executive Order to ban H-1B from entering the US almost any time now, I am struggling to travel, quarantine for 14 days in Canada, then, all of a sudden during that 14 days, the Order comes true and I am stuck outside of US. I know a lot of people are in the same boat. Hope the case above can be confirmed by someone here as well.

Aliya45

Apr 30, 2020
Sounds too good to be true! Although, I remember reading a tweet from IRCC which said they were currently sending emails to inland COPR holders and were working on something similar for the rest of the COPR holders. I tried hunting for it but I lost it...I am sure it was a tweet from May...may be a reply to someone's query.

ccaallvviinn

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Sounds too good to be true! Although, I remember reading a tweet from IRCC which said they were currently sending emails to inland COPR holders and were working on something similar for the rest of the COPR holders. I tried hunting for it but I lost it...I am sure it was a tweet from May...may be a reply to someone's query.
While the original post of the case reported was not very clear, it seems to me that it was an outland COPR. Hope to see if anyone else can help further confirm.