+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRB

RefugeeClaim1

Apr 5, 2020
I have seen a lot of people getting notifications regarding their PR applications from IRCC which means that they are still working, but has any refugee claimants heard from the IRB since the start of the pandemic? I just want to know if they are still working on cases.

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Yes one of my friends got letter from IRB and delayed his hearing while the other one got accepted for the expedited process

RefugeeClaim1

Apr 5, 2020
That is great news! Do you mind if I ask when did your friend who got accepted for the expedited process submitted his/her refugee claim?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Well I believe that was back in Feb 2020
oh wow I applied in the same month 20 of Feb to be exact still haven't received anything other than my open work permit. hopefully mine will be accepted for the expedited process too as my country is on the list.

RefugeeClaim1

Apr 5, 2020
I applied in Alberta in February and I am also from the expedited countries list but I have not heard anything from them yet. Maybe it differs from a province to another.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied in Alberta in February and I am also from the expedited countries list but I have not heard anything from them yet. Maybe it differs from a province to another.
Think there was a miscommunication because 2 months from filing is not possible in my opinion. Maybe it was 2 months from being identified as being on the expedited list. That would still be fast but closer to 6 months. Given covid everything will be delayed.