+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invited - but might have to deny invite

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Hi guys,

We had some wrong advise from someone to start with and are now in a fix. Our options are either we continue with the app or withdraw.

My partner got invited to apply on the basis that she had applied as a single person. The plan was to add me (now husband-married 3 was ago) after she got her PR. She would then sponsor me.

When she applied she didn't mention she was in a relationship and simply applied on her own. We then changed our mind after the invite and decided to change the status for her to married and add myself as the secondary applicant. We are still meeting the score she was invited for.

The q's is whether CIC is going to think that she was single and all of a sudden married and added another person after the invite. She did'nt mention in her profile when she submitted that she was in a de-facto/ common law relationship. She thought of keeping it simple by applying on her own.

We have 450 points. Should we just withdraw and start all over again that is if we make it in the next draw?

Cheers

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Shori said:
Hi guys,

We had some wrong advise from someone to start with and are now in a fix. Our options are either we continue with the app or withdraw.

My partner got invited to apply on the basis that she had applied as a single person. The plan was to add me (now husband-married 3 was ago) after she got her PR. She would then sponsor me.

When she applied she didn't mention she was in a relationship and simply applied on her own. We then changed our mind after the invite and decided to change the status for her to married and add myself as the secondary applicant. We are still meeting the score she was invited for.

The q's is whether CIC is going to think that she was single and all of a sudden married and added another person after the invite. She did'nt mention in her profile when she submitted that she was in a de-facto/ common law relationship. She thought of keeping it simple by applying on her own.

We have 450 points. Should we just withdraw and start all over again that is if we make it in the next draw?

Cheers
Its misinterpretation and you must deny it

If she show her self married and said NO to partner accompanying, could have been different scenario.

Decline invitation today give it 24 hours and start again. I am pretty sure you will get invitation next draw.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Shori said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

I totally agree with Amdavadi.

If you accept and go further on your application..... It is considered as Misrepresentation and you will be flagged.

Misrepresentation has nothing to do with your score. If your score changes or not with certain changes on your application, misrepresentation always cost dreams to Canada.

Decline invitation... delete your EE profile and start over.

I would start over the application because, I think there is a question on marital status while checking on eligibility for EE before creating the EE profile.

Better to start over to be on safer side.

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Thank you Amdavadi and KVR for your guidance.

We will deny the invite and delete the account and start again.

I did not want to create another thread and was wondering if you can help with the below q's:

- My Indian police clearance was done in 2007. Can this still be used? I don't remember reading anywhere that the police clearance needs to be recent.

Cheers
Sahil

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
If you are currently living in India, your PCC needs to be less than 6 months old. Its clearly given in the CIC website. Outdated or lack of PCC is again outright cancellation of the application. I suggest you read the forum well and equip yourself with all the info + Read the CIC website. It has all the information you need. It is better to do it properly the first time than waste time getting rejected or caught up in a misrepresentation issue. Misrepresentation will get you banned for 5 years and its not worth it!

Your score is high. Start over. Take your time. Do a thorough job and all will be well!

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Shori said:
Thank you Amdavadi and KVR for your guidance.

We will deny the invite and delete the account and start again.

I did not want to create another thread and was wondering if you can help with the below q's:

- My Indian police clearance was done in 2007. Can this still be used? I don't remember reading anywhere that the police clearance needs to be recent.

Cheers
Sahil
There are two scenarios according to the below link, as far as my understanding.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

1. If you get Indian PCC in 2007 (assume, you applied from another country - not living in India after 2007) and NEVER went to India after obtaining Indian PCC in 2007.
- YES, you can use that 2007 Indian PCC as you have not been to India since the obtaining of PCC
- "For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

2. If you get Indian PCC in 2007 and later lived in India for some time between 2007 and 2017 (couple of months here and there - I mean, you traveled to India in these 10 years or you lived in India between these years)
- NO, Indian PCC from 2007 cant be used.
- "For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR."

Hope this helps.

can you elaborate or let us know the situation/scenario you come under so I can give my answer correctly.

From the above link, you can see these lines under Police certificates section before Exceptional circumstances section:
"Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued.

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Have been living in Australia for the last 13yrs and been to India multiple times. I thinks its best for me to just get another police clearance from India just to be on the safe side.

Thank you again for all your help.

Cheers
Sahil

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Shori said:
Have been living in Australia for the last 13yrs and been to India multiple times. I thinks its best for me to just get another police clearance from India just to be on the safe side.

Cheers
Sahil
Yes, it is better to have a new PCC.

All the best.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Shori said:

Cheers
Sahil
Yes, thats better! Also, you dont have to go to India. Expats abroad can get it from the Indian Embassy. If you have a BLS office in Australia, they represent the Indian Embassy for Issuing police certificates for folks living outside India.