+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invite Parents while I am on work permit

Nazaninpolite

Feb 28, 2020
How can I invite my parents while I am on work permit? most of the information about parents is on Super Visa which needs PR or Citizenship.
Can I send an invitation letter when I just have a work permit?

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
How can I invite my parents while I am on work permit? most of the information about parents is on Super Visa which needs PR or Citizenship.
Can I send an invitation letter when I just have a work permit?
You must include this information about yourself:

• complete name,
  • date of birth,
  • address and telephone number in Canada,
  • job title,
  • whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as
    • a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,
    • a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or
    • a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,
  • details of your family, such as names and dates of birth of your spouse and dependants (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa), and
  • the total number of people living in your household, including people you sponsored whose sponsorship is still in effect (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa).

Nazaninpolite

Feb 28, 2020
Thanks, Guys for the reply, but I am on a work permit so I just can send an invitation letter and it depends on their own situation they might get Visa or not.
and if I invite them for 2 weeks visit, how long would be their Visa? the exact time that I invited them? I saw some people got 5 years visitory visa ... is it possible?

nishita_alex

Apr 26, 2023
Hello Nazaninpolite,

I am in a similar situation on work permit and hope you found the resolution that worked. The options on IRCC pertaining to visiting children are mostly specifically for Canadian Citizens and PR holders.
The other 2 options which are not for these 2 categories (Citizens and PR holders) are below:
1. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
2. To visit my children and grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)

In our case it is not the super visa , so unsure of which option to choose.

Looking forward to your response