+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to apply PR - Express entry and Ontario PNP

RockyStar1985

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi Folks,

My first post after stalking Canadavisa forum for past 6 months.

Have applied for express entry in Jan'17. Total score were 416.
Applied to Ontario PNP as well in Feb, paid 1500$. Currently the profile is in "Decision pending" (they asked for couple of extra documentation and I am in the process of submitting it).

Meanwhile got the invitation to apply directly from Express entry as the cut-off went to 415.
Question:
Can I leave/decline Ontario PNP or pursue it for completion? I was thinking about moving ahead and submit the required documents as it will give extra 600 points. Is that allowed?

If I reject the Ontario PNP, will it effect my chances in CIC express entry (apart form 600 extra points)?

Thanks in advance.

pberi01

Mar 27, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the FAQs on the OINP official website:

If you wish to proceed with the ITA and withdraw your application for nomination you must notify the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

You can request a withdrawal of your application at any time. However, the province of Ontario charges fees to recover the cost of administering the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). To request a withdrawal, you must submit a withdrawal request by mail to the OINP and include your full name, date of birth, and OINP file number (if applicable).

Mailing Address:
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
400 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2R9

Hope this helps!