+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter for graduation ceremony for parents

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear all,

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, I recently completed my degree program in Canada. My university has issued me a letter saying that they would like to invite my parents ( along with their relationship with me , their names as per the passport and passport number) to be a part of my graduation ceremony, with the graduation ceremony venue and other details.

Now I am also including an invitation letter ( addressed to the immigration officer ) elaborating my name, my address, my parents current residental address, my contact information, my parent's contact information, their length of stay, traveling dates , who would bear the expenses for the travel etc etc. Now my confusion is that , shall I write this letter addressing the Visa officer OR my parents ? I was looking at the sample at different universities website , they ask to write an invitation letter addressing the Visa Officer, whereas some people say that the host should address the people being invited ( my parents in this case ) .. But I was wondering , since my university has already given me the letter ...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The invitation letter is not really a big deal. You can write something simple. Their approval will depend on their finances and ability to pay for the trip without using the majority of their liquid savings, ties to Pakistan and previous travel.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
The invitation letter is not really a big deal. You can write something simple. Their approval will depend on their finances and ability to pay for the trip without using the majority of their liquid savings, ties to Pakistan and previous travel.
So shall I address the Visa officer in the letter ?