+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

investment fund dividend income

Sep 2, 2019
Hello all, I have invested in bond fund overseas that give monthly pay out .

Pls help to clarify if "dividend yield" paid by mutual bond fund as "interest " or "dividend ".

thanks a lot

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
As far as Canadian income tax reporting is concern, it makes no different. Foreign dividend and interest income are taxed at the same rate.

PaulSarab

Jan 5, 2020
As far as Canadian income tax reporting is concern, it makes no different. Foreign dividend and interest income are taxed at the same rate.
Are these incomes (dividends and interest) added to the income tax? I am new and will move to Canada this year.

PaulSarab

Jan 5, 2020
Of course all forms of income is added. They are at different tax rates.
Thank you for the reply. In my current tax residency, the interest is deducted at source using a withholding tax of 15%. Also the dividend is deducted at source at the rate of 10% and does not require to be included in our income calculations.

I believe it is different in Canada, right?

DianaParr

Sep 17, 2020
Of course, you will receive dividends; this is one of the main functions for which, in principle, you need to do all this. I would like to know exactly what stocks you are buying and where you are investing, whether Canadian enterprises are there. Now I am working on creating my investment portfolio together with High Dividend Stocks. I should add Canadian stocks to it since I like this country for its economic policy and the stability of the stock exchange. In general, I will be glad to read your answers about this; thank you in advance